Divulging areas you'll never get to, but are aware of or heard about.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll tell you where a secret spot is,

its.....

. Secret shhhhhhh...:treasurechest:

Last edited:

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know of no places with gold to divulge, but I have many places I can put an x on a map that have none :BangHead:
Everywhere else is a maybe :dontknow:
Sorry I'm no help.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Got some great spots in Europe I used to hit, Luxembourg, Romania, Austria, Sweden, Norway.....

Well I say great, they where great in my opinion using a 4 inch Keene, it was only a hobby that I got to play with about 2 weeks full time out of the year and then a couple days here and there when I was in the area and knew I would have some down time. But I could manage about 9 ounces a week out of Lux, 17 a week out of Romania, 6 out of Austria, 11 out of Sweden and 14 out of Norway.

Again it was only a hobby I had gotten into back in 2004, was fun while it lasted for the 13 years I got to play with it. Mainly my family and I and close mates with their families, made a fun vacation.

I would bet if you would stick a real person on those sites who does this for a living or knows what they are doing better than we did then the sites would not be half bad.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Instead of asking us, why don't you go out and explore and find these places and share with us. Meet the people, read the books and mine. Knowledge is earned not free.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one place I always wanted to go, but the catch is its in a wilderness area on the little chetco
all the mining claims are gone now, one patented inholding left, but there were claims up stream
that had plenty enough gold, but the FS made the patent process so hard the owner gave up.
getting too old now, would have been fun to hike in and stay for a month or two.
Emily camp was sold in 2014, I don't know if the new owners are still offering excursions?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emil...SuS krZkfhaBLHTcznKjwr1vVnA_HVIvPAOh-J-nqNuo

watch the whole odyssey here; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS71-cc_17oFoy-t5E0vBvA

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I drew the secret map years ago and placed it as my avatar. You are welcome to all the gold or other minerals you can find there.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some great spots in Europe I used to hit, Luxembourg, Romania, Austria, Sweden, Norway.....

Well I say great, they where great in my opinion using a 4 inch Keene, it was only a hobby that I got to play with about 2 weeks full time out of the year and then a couple days here and there when I was in the area and knew I would have some down time. But I could manage about 9 ounces a week out of Lux, 17 a week out of Romania, 6 out of Austria, 11 out of Sweden and 14 out of Norway.

Again it was only a hobby I had gotten into back in 2004, was fun while it lasted for the 13 years I got to play with it. Mainly my family and I and close mates with their families, made a fun vacation.

I would bet if you would stick a real person on those sites who does this for a living or knows what they are doing better than we did then the sites would not be half bad.

Haha. I almost fell out of my chair Reading this. Sorry, I must be misunderstanding you. ”Managing 11 ounces a week in Sweden” - do you mean collecting 11 ounces of blacksand every week?

As for gold, all swedish dredgers and panners etc have not combined for 11 ounces in the last 100 years. Must be some kind of misunderstanding here...

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. I almost fell out of my chair Reading this. Sorry, I must be misunderstanding you. ”Managing 11 ounces a week in Sweden” - do you mean collecting 11 ounces of blacksand every week?

As for gold, all swedish dredgers and panners etc have not combined for 11 ounces in the last 100 years. Must be some kind of misunderstanding here...

Yeah must be some kind of big misunderstanding, like huge, massive.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah must be some kind of big misunderstanding, like huge, massive.

Well, since you're putting it that way...

Im not here to pick a fight as a guest or anything. But I still think we should keep this hobby clean and honest. As for your claim, it's the most outrageous I've heard in all my years of prospecting. If you said 10 grams rather than 10 ounces, it would had been maybe slightly credible , allthought I still wouldn't believe you. Just interesting that you were getting rich learning to dredge at so many various locations, but then just passed on it.

Really hope some beginner didn't read this and booked a flight to Europe...

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Let the information flow here, let others research new areas. Something you read about, heard, or knowledge you came upon. The internet is cool, but tidbits of of old info is way cooler. Add your story. johnnysau

Here's the coords for three:

37°52'59.60"N 85°57'55.38"W

40°42'30.44"N 74° 0'31.38"W

34° 4'34.85"N 118°25'46.81"W <--- this one has quite a few gold diggers at it though.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Im not here to pick a fight as a guest or anything. But I still think we should keep this hobby clean and honest. As for your claim, it's the most outrageous I've heard in all my years of prospecting. If you said 10 grams rather than 10 ounces, it would had been maybe slightly credible , allthought I still wouldn't believe you. Just interesting that you were getting rich learning to dredge at so many various locations, but then just passed on it.

if anyone took a flight somewhere based off reading on the internet they are just stupid

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

If you are not here to pick a fight then why exactly would you put words in my mouth and insult me by calling me a liar and completely changing things around.

There must be a seriously big English Comprehension problem on your end, because I would just find it strange that some young kid would come on here claiming years of experience like your self, and twist words around.

But it really was pretty cute and funny coming from someone so young. Now go try it on someone else.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if anyone took a flight somewhere based off reading on the internet they are just stupid

Guess all the oldtimers were stupid then to sell everything they owned to venture to California or Yukon after just reading something in the newspaper.

As for the language barrier, I’ll take everything back and apologize if I misunderstood you. I did actually ask if it was a misunderstanding the first thing I did.

If you on the other end meant that you did pull up two ounces (of gold) a day whereever you were trying to learn to dredge in Europe, ending up with 100 ounces it seems, then I...just know this isnt the case. Sorry.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
As for the language barrier, I’ll take everything back and apologize if I misunderstood you. I did actually ask if it was a misunderstanding the first thing I did.

If you on the other end meant that you did pull up two ounces (of gold) a day whereever you were trying to learn to dredge in Europe, ending up with 100 ounces it seems, then I...just know this isnt the case. Sorry.

Never once said I was learning or trying to learn how to dredge.

But yes, there is a major misunderstanding, clearly you read what you want and turn it into what you would like it to say to justify your insults. I could care less, its a hobby.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BAt5SpI.gif

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could provide GPS coordinates to my search areas, and would sleep soundly at night. Simply because they are so high up in the mountains and in such rough terrain that very few people would ever bother to go there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Guess all the oldtimers were stupid then to sell everything they owned to venture to California or Yukon after just reading something in the newspaper.

well as you put it that way, I would say yes most were stupid. Many died there without getting rich. Relatively few struck it rich.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread