SALE OF MINE WHERE HOFFMAN CREW FAILED IN 2016

G

ghostminer

The High Bar Gold Mine in Oregon is for sale. This is the mine where the Gold Rush Hoffman crew worked for several weeks in 2016 before pulling out to another site & finally relocating to Colorado. It is 217 acres & a part of it has a commercial mining permit in place which I have located & read. They pulled out because they weren't getting much gold>I think under $2/yd. It can be yours for only $17 Million. https://www.ascendantrg.com/mines-for-sale

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe that so many miners were fooled into believing that any of that was real.
It would be closer to the truth that the mine owners hired Todd Hoffman as an earth moving contractor to remove overburden and construct holding ponds.
Perhaps do a little sampling to ensure they were not wasting pay material. The rest is show business.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No way could you determine anything in two days on a claim that big. They probably walked right over nuggets.
Todd couldn't prospect his way out of a paper sack. The reason they get burned is because they always take short cuts and skip the first steps.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe that so many miners were fooled into believing that any of that was real.
It would be closer to the truth that the mine owners hired Todd Hoffman as an earth moving contractor to remove overburden and construct holding ponds.
Perhaps do a little sampling to ensure they were not wasting pay material. The rest is show business.
No, It is the place I had been. Dan is the fella that was leasing the land, and he worked it way down the hill, built the holding ponds etc. Large trommel, end loader, truck etc, worked it himself. The Gold Rush crew had just brought their equip. up there, I did not go up to look, Dan's uncle and I were off doing something else. I have seen some of the gold Dan took out, what he was doing was pretty impressive to me, all way over my head. I heard the GR crew liked to party more then anything else. Anyway, something didn't work out and they moved on. Haven't been there since, don't know anything more about it.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the GR Crew actually moves heavy equipment all around the Americas, the jungle included, sets it up but then dance with eachother rather than prospect and mine?

Partying for years with the same old dudes. Sausage party. Poor Hunter.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

If I remember correctly Todd wanted to pull out of the Yukon where he was doing pretty well. He wanted to mine close to home & convinced Dave Turin & Fred Dodge to do a test of the ground. I think they tested 100 or 200 cu yds. The tests showed good ground at maybe $20-$30/yd. Then they go up there at the start of the season & got $2/yd. Something isn't making sense. I've got to think it was all part of the show or they got shown the only productive spot on the mine for the test (not likely). We have mines in California & I can tell you trenching tests can vary quite a bit. I have done 100 yd tests at $5/yd then move 600 ft & get $40/yd. A lot has to do with the gravels & pay channels. Our old mine tailings from the 1800's test better than $2/yd. I've done hand bucket samples where you can get crazy numbers like $400/yd then move 100 ft & get almost nothing. That mine in Oregon had surface deposits & that can vary wildly.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it has reports also. According to the selling page I read.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any information on the company or firm who did the test drill holes both in the past as well as today? Thanks.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From the very beginning I believe one would have to ask the question: Why is course gold found up on a mtn?. There are some good explanations; and the one that comes to mind first is that the gold did not travel very far and the source was "pocket gold". A lot of 'pocket gold" has been located in SE Oregon and that is not to say it does not occur in other areas as well. Pocket gold is not mined efficiently as one would mine/extract normal placer deposits.

Bejay

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread