SALE OF MINE WHERE HOFFMAN CREW FAILED IN 2016

G

ghostminer

The High Bar Gold Mine in Oregon is for sale. This is the mine where the Gold Rush Hoffman crew worked for several weeks in 2016 before pulling out to another site & finally relocating to Colorado. It is 217 acres & a part of it has a commercial mining permit in place which I have located & read. They pulled out because they weren't getting much gold>I think under $2/yd. It can be yours for only $17 Million. https://www.ascendantrg.com/mines-for-sale

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At some point they were into coarse big gold. At least that is what was shown during a clean up early into the show. Then all of a sudden all the gold they showed looked like Alaskan flour gold, very even gradation with zero nuggets. Very odd for that type of deposit. I would have expected course nuggets not flour gold. When you have softer angular rocks moving with the gold, you usually get chunky gold that is rough in appearance. Lots of gold shards.

Something smelled fake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

I spoke to the company selling it & they told me the Hoffman Crew only spent two days there.

Attachments

• img129.jpg
    img129.jpg
    784 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

I believe this is a picture of the mining engineer Todd used up there.

Attachments

• img124.jpg
    img124.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 90

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If the property really has good gold on it I doubt they would want to sell it. At 78k an acre it sounds like they are trying to cash in on the 15 minutes of fame their played out mine got.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

If we could get 17 million people to all chip in one dollar we can buy it. I'm in for a buck.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was for sale before Todd came along.

Its been listed for several years now

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Yes, they told me they used him for advertising. I don't think it worked out very well.

HappySwede

Sep 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They brought in all that stuff to shoot for two days? humm...

I’ll put in two dollars. Now we only need the 16,999,999 of us.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
turd hoffman NEVER fails!! FAKENEWS

Lucky Baldwin

Nov 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we could get 17 million people to all chip in one dollar we can buy it. I'm in for a buck.

Figuring 0.900 fine and today's closing price of $1280.48 it would take around 14,750 ounces to make your $17,000,000 back. That ground doesn't have 1/10th that much.

Pass

wildfirebill

Nov 11, 2017
Roanoke, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300 Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Treasurenet Members Stats
Stats
Members: 121,321
So roughly $141 from every member to open a treasurenet member only claim that paid the $141 and no one else can mine it, unless a members auctions/sells their membership

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not unless it is moved closer to indiana

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

I bet they would take $10 Million cash.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I spoke to the company selling it & they told me the Hoffman Crew only spent two days there.

A couple of things make that property a "run, don't walk, away" proposition. First, mention of historical gold production notes and no modern testing results. I don't give a rat's ass what was dug out and spent before I got there. Second, a mention of test holes drilled but no mention of determination of any kind of reserves.

Wouldn't waste my company's time with it.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's the one I've been to, the fella that's worked it for some time has taken a lot of gold from it with some large equipment. I also know up on top where the Gold Rush crew set up, some things were "staged", like the surface find they "picked" up? I believe I had seen and held the very same piece a few months earlier. I know those guys do a lot of heavy mining, but still, it IS a TV reality show. I'm just saying............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread