Summer of GOLD Documentary

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! Its been a while since I've posted here as I've had a ton on my plate for too long.. However, I have finished my summer prospecting season and am now preparing for some exploring and checking out new areas. I wanted to share this here with you all, its the first time I've tried to make anything like this so please go easy on me lol. Please like and subscribe if you enjoy it, I hope you all had a great season filled with much gold and adventure!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like fun thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Only got about half way through the vid as gold rush is about to start of TV.
Be back tomorrow to watch the rest

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like fun thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Only got about half way through the vid as gold rush is about to start of TV.
Be back tomorrow to watch the rest

Frickin' traitor :tongue3:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all! Its been a while since I've posted here as I've had a ton on my plate for too long.. However, I have finished my summer prospecting season and am now preparing for some exploring and checking out new areas. I wanted to share this here with you all, its the first time I've tried to make anything like this so please go easy on me lol. Please like and subscribe if you enjoy it, I hope you all had a great season filled with much gold and adventure!

Dude.. my internet SUX at home after buffering and stopping and me giving up your video is cool as hell. I'm impressed way cooler than Gold Rush for sure.
Especially cause I know your sharing your real adventures.

I'm gonna watch it when I get down to the shop.

Text me, closing for the season weekend before Christmas. The weather has been pretty nice up here. You should come up and hit our claim, hang out for a day ...I bet your creek is running pretty good too but, harder to get to. Its slick out already.

We should film some cold weather, foothill creek digging.

Can't wait to watch the whole thing in the morning.

:icon_thumright: :notworthy:

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on Jarrod! I actually might head up that way possibly the weekend after next 15th/16th and have a week day off that week also so if I do decide to head up that way I'll get a hold of you. I need to change batteries in the cams at the claim but not planning on working there so I'm open to something after or another day.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using TreasureNet.com mobile app

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Let me know like a week out. Especially if its gonna be a weekday.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best reality show hands down, thanks for sharing man.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not enjoyed a video this much in a long time! Congratulations on your project - Brilliant! :occasion14: I'm going to share it on my Facebook and Twitter! :skullflag:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and just think..no damn production company muckin it all up

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much thanks to you all! Reed, Terry, I'm really glad a couple of vets like yourselves enjoyed it that means a lot to me.

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Finish watching where I left of -- better than gold rush. Half the fun looks like the ride and that one spot with the drop off looked sketchy. I ride similar trails on my Honda xl200r with a drywasher on my back down in Kern county so I think I hang with you guys.
Thanks for sharing --good gold and very nice job on your film.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
THANKS FOR THE TAG-A-LONG! I got up about 3AM today and thought ,"what the heck!" I saw this video yesterday and forgot to view it, BUT I'm glad I did today! It took my thoughts back to a good time! Thanks again!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finish watching where I left of -- better than gold rush. Half the fun looks like the ride and that one spot with the drop off looked sketchy. I ride similar trails on my Honda xl200r with a drywasher on my back down in Kern county so I think I hang with you guys.
Thanks for sharing --good gold and very nice job on your film.

Your too kind Mike, I'm really glad that you and everyone is getting something out of this, it motivates me for further videos!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS FOR THE TAG-A-LONG! I got up about 3AM today and thought ,"what the heck!" I saw this video yesterday and forgot to view it, BUT I'm glad I did today! It took my thoughts back to a good time! Thanks again!

No prob Russau! I'm glad you were able to make it throught the entire thing, I know its quite long compared to most videos on youtube.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I saw it yesterday and it was fun to watch. It's much more realistic for the everyday guy with your trials and tribulations haha. Nicely done!
Prospecting those rivers with the drone is a great idea. I saw many areas up there in the video that looked interesting.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the first I have ever seen a yak style on the back of a dirt bike, would have not even thought that the yak nuts would fit. Pretty cool. I own a BOB my self and have put about 25,000 kilometers on mine, used on trail, all around expedition, used on my fat bike, road bikes, and one of my velomobiles. My son and daughter get to their MDing sites using a velomobile with a Fake Yak like yours.

When my kids got their fake yaks, only forty bucks each new I had to get me one to test. I found that the fake one is much better, just tracks so much better on trail in mud, dry ruts, blow sand, loose gravel. But also the fake is rated at 40 kilograms, totally BS, it can safely carry about 65 on that stock cheap tire and rim.

If you check out Racktime, they make a rack for a kids bike that hold like 25 kilograms that is a direct mount giving you pannier access but also giving you a nice flat surface on top of your trailer from the end of your tire to the front of your basket. Its about 130cm, perfect stability to mount a small sluice, tent, sleeping mat.

Now with that rack on, just flip it over and you have a table.

Want more stability and extra security to haul more weight, big fat wheel barrel tire and rims is a direct bolt on.

One of the best bike trailers I have ever owned is my fake yak. My BOB is retired for good since I got that one. Another good trailer worth its salt is from Surly, Trailer Bill. Not sure it would fit on a dirt bike, but the mounting process is about the same and you got yak nut on a dirt bike. LOL

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks JohnnyB! yes the drone is ridiculously cool.. I have only begun to experiment with it, there are so many cool things it can do one could make a film just on it alone... I cant wait to be able to use it to its fullest potential!

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best bike trailers I have ever owned is my fake yak. My BOB is retired for good since I got that one. Another good trailer worth its salt is from Surly, Trailer Bill. Not sure it would fit on a dirt bike, but the mounting process is about the same and you got yak nut on a dirt bike. LOL

I thought it worked great for the abuse we put them through, mine only failed once and the axle just came loose, easy fix. Here is a link to the source I purchased my bike trailer from, I believe it was abut $60 shipped when I purchased it. https://www.hayneedle.com/product/aosom-solo-single-wheel-bicycle-cargo-bike-trailer.cfm?source=pla&kwid=BikeTrailers%20level06&tid=AOS114-1&adtype=pla&kw=&lsft=adtype:pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxOXz0pnx1wIVlQsrCh0WvgDuEAkYByABEgJhlvD_BwE

There was a bit of figuring out how to attach it, I made some special bolts with a hollow axle I cut with the right thread to match the nuts, it actually worked out well for my bike. Casey bought a spare set of snails and welded the nuts to them for his bike.
IMG_20170719_151736_01.jpg IMG_20170719_151736_03.jpg

Jan 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jerry! I watched your video on youtube and followed the links to this site. I am new to gold hunting but have done my share of riding and I really like seeing the bikes and bike trailers you use guys are using. Thats thinking outside the box and seems to work well for you. Anyways I just wanted to say hello and thanks for inspiring me to get out side and do some exploring of my own!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread