Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Got a new toy Gold Hog Multi Sluice my review

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2017
    Virginia
    Nokta AU Goldfinder
    177 times
    Prospecting
    http://amzn.to/2DlSTLH

This is a link to the pump I have used for my multisluice. It is an Atwood (Tsunami series) 1200 gph pump. They are all 'cheap china pumps' , but this is built better, and costs about $27 bucks if I remember correctly. Cheaper than the Rule, better balance than the $16 blue pump, and draws only 3.0 amps. That is important if you plan on running in field mode with a smaller battery. The 6.0 amp one killed one my smaller batteries (I didn't realize it drew that many amps - my fault).

To put the amp draw in context, but jump Rule 3700 GPH pump draws about 13 amps. 3.0 is about right, 6.0 amps is too much for what its putting out. Just my opinion.

The Multisluice is great. love it. One of the best pieces of prospecting equipment I own!

~ AJ
    Reed Lukens and PioneerPauly like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Success!!! Today I ran the Multi-Sluice with the 3amp pump all day with my 100watt Renogy Solar Suitcase keeping the battery charged with no problems. I tried the 6amp pump that came with it and it just blew fuses... So the cheap Chinese pump as Doc calls it, didn't work out... But the 3amp was definitely a crowd pleaser
    okbasspro, johnedoe and Beav like this.

us
    Disabled Veteran

Dec 2014
    Austin, Texas
    7 times
    Prospecting
    very cool, might need to get one of those 8)
    Reed Lukens likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1102 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by david6789 View Post
    very cool, might need to get one of those 8)
    Did not realize you were a disabled vet in our PMs Thank You for your service I will take you out for a day of dredging next time I am going to texas but you will have to drive a few hours to my spot. you can check out my other equipment and see what fits your style before dropping large amounts of cash.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

ca
    Mar 2010
    Vancouver Island
    Fisher Goldbug II
    30 times
    Gold prospecting, Artifact hunting, Rockhound
    SOLD! Haha ive been trying to upgrade my equipment but I have no idea what to look for when it comes to a sluice. I want to set the multi sluice as a high banker just because sluices are illegal in my area, and i really want to test out this new spot with a lot of shovels. Thanks for the review cheers.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3541 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    So I ran my battery by itself today with the 3amp pump and it ran for just over 4 hours before the power started going down. The battery says 26 to 35 amp hours, so being that it will run all day on the Solar panel, I'm happy. The battery comes with 7.5amp fuses, so I know that it wasn't pulling that much, but it was definitely pulling more then the 3 amps. I'm thinking that it was pulling around 5.5amps because I did hook up a 5amp charger to it after it died and it ran fine but was slowly discharging at the same time. This could also have been from the amount of mud in the water towards the end also because I did almost fill the bin with sediment and it was to close to the pump at the end of the day. But hey, I'm experimenting Either way, the pump ran fine though it was pulling more then 3amps and I did have to clean roots out of the impeller once and the water was chocolate when it started getting dark tonight. I ran it for about 5-1/2 hours today with the battery charger hooked up for the last hour.
    Being that the battery weighs about 4lbs, makes everything easy to carry all together with the heaviest part being the solar Suitcase when I need to use it. But with a 4 hour run time on the battery, that's more then enough for me on a day trip.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links