Got a new toy Gold Hog Multi Sluice my review

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me start with saying this is the best cleanup device I have ever used. I had 4 gallons of cons sitting in the shed that had already been thru what is considered the best cleanup tool by many. I will not name it I am not here to bash on any other equipment. I am surprised at the amount of sub -100 gold that was caught. These cons are from my 4" Proline which I am amazed it caught this small of gold.I get 10-12 Gallons of cons a day from this dredge and my trips are usually 10-15 days.I now know I have thrown a crap load of gold back in the creek.My hat is off to Doc it is a amazing piece of equipment at a very fair price that works exactly as advertised.Here are a few pics of what came out of that 4 gallons only took about 20 mins to get it down to 2 table spoons.
Heavy Pans to all and Merry Christmas:headbang:
757.JPG 770.JPG 771.JPG 772.JPG

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know this is an old one coming back up, but I was impressed with this unit. Not only for how quickly I could run the material through it but also what I did not find in pan after pan of tailings coming off the end. Doc did his homework on this one.

Do you just use it to clean up cons or do you also run raw pay dirt?

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've switched mine up a bit, being that the Gold Fox extreme runs exactly the same size and configuration of Gold Hog mats. So I can now put the multisluice head into my extreme box and change the pump out to the 800gph for concentrating, or run the 2000gph pump with the trommel. I combined the two because the boxes are the same and left the original multisluice box in storage. Changing from the trommel to the multisluice is simply plug and play :)

received_2518338578485919.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions