Got a new toy Gold Hog Multi Sluice my review

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let me start with saying this is the best cleanup device I have ever used. I had 4 gallons of cons sitting in the shed that had already been thru what is considered the best cleanup tool by many. I will not name it I am not here to bash on any other equipment. I am surprised at the amount of sub -100 gold that was caught. These cons are from my 4" Proline which I am amazed it caught this small of gold.I get 10-12 Gallons of cons a day from this dredge and my trips are usually 10-15 days.I now know I have thrown a crap load of gold back in the creek.My hat is off to Doc it is a amazing piece of equipment at a very fair price that works exactly as advertised.Here are a few pics of what came out of that 4 gallons only took about 20 mins to get it down to 2 table spoons.
Heavy Pans to all and Merry Christmas:headbang:
757.JPG 770.JPG 771.JPG 772.JPG

Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You get 10-12 gallons of cons per day out of a 4" dredge??? I get less than 2 gallons out of my 5".
Do you clean it up 6 times a day?

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I clean out every time I shutdown to refuel. I have moss in the over and in the under sections. My claim has heavy black sands and it locks up the moss almost instantly when water stops flowing.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I clean out every time I shutdown to refuel. I have moss in the over and in the under sections. My claim has heavy black sands and it locks up the moss almost instantly when water stops flowing.

Wow, what a pain. After 15 days you would have almost a cu/yd of cons to process :BangHead:
Is your claim in OK?

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, what a pain. After 15 days you would have almost a cu/yd of cons to process :BangHead:
Is your claim in OK?

No sir my claim is in Aridzona. I do dredge Oklahoma and Texas though. I run the cons at end of day through my mining partners device. From now on I run them thru the Multi Sluice it's easier and faster with better retention. I could of paid for it a few times over with what I believe I put back in the creek.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir my claim is in Aridzona. I do dredge Oklahoma and Texas though. I run the cons at end of day through my mining partners device. From now on I run them thru the Multi Sluice it's easier and faster with better retention. I could of paid for it a few times over with what I believe I put back in the creek.

So, I'm sitting here at our new winter home in Stanton, Az and want to put together a small recirc. Will this Multi Sluice fit the bill?

If your dealing with magnetite, like I use to... I always thought about running a magnet over the box or above the damper. I had to clean out every hour also at my house in Cali but the amount of fine gold was ridiculously good.

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed I run it as recirculating with 1100gph pump have to screen to 1/4" if you run a 2000gph pump 1/4" to 1/2" per Doc at Gold Hog. I have a creek here in Oklahoma that is 90%+ magnetite I am going to play with it using my little trash pump.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed I run it as recirculating with 1100gph pump have to screen to 1/4" if you run a 2000gph pump 1/4" to 1/2" per Doc at Gold Hog. I have a creek here in Oklahoma that is 90%+ magnetite I am going to play with it using my little trash pump.

It looks perfect for what we have here in Az. Not enough water yet this year to dredge but soon hopefully. I'm just running a few buckets a day for fun in the sun right now :) We came to the Stanton LDMA Camp and Karen fell in love with it, so... we're wintering here from now on :)

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reed I will be in Az beginning of February you are welcome to visit my claim and dredge with us if we got water. You can get 2wd to claim and I can shuttle you guys to the creek in my utv.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding :) that sounds great :) I'm pretty set with a good 4wd Chevy that can be used for transport, etc.
received_10155660669850269.jpeg
We're looking forward to meeting you and we will be here until March sometime as of right now.
Reed

Last edited:
OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That truck will get you to the Creek and you can get your camper to the camping area if you would like to stay awhile

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Why don't you convert your dredge to hog mats?
Might speed up and reduce cons at clean up.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No kidding :) that sounds great :) I'm pretty set with a good 4wd Chevy that can be used for transport, etc.
View attachment 1530902
We're looking forward to meeting you and we will be here until March sometime as of right now.
Reed
Nice setup Reed.... We are still looking for a trailer, but no rush.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Why don't you convert your dredge to hog mats?
Might speed up and reduce cons at clean up.

I have spent 3 years getting it dialed in and have to have 3 different riffle set ups for the different areas I go and now with the multi sluice cleanup is about 1/2 hour no matter where I'm dredging.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That truck will get you to the Creek and you can get your camper to the camping area if you would like to stay awhile

We would love to stay awhile. I just ordered the MultiSluice for the size... being retired has slowed me down a touch. We will have to do some serious BBQ and I always have beer in that little blue box on the trailer :)
Reed

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We would love to stay awhile. I just ordered the MultiSluice for the size... being retired has slowed me down a touch. We will have to do some serious BBQ and I always have beer in that little blue box on the trailer :)
Reed

I plan on bringing my pellet smoker I like to eat good while mining. To give you a idea here's a pic of the prime rib I did tonight.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514434422.195738.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1514434443.315305.jpg

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! A pellet smoker :lightbulb_off: that looks good! We switched to the Cobb Grill this year because we need small being that we've been living in the trailer since February, it runs on charcoal and does it all so far, but we have only smoked pork belly so far but Karen can even bake in it.
received_10155302180870269.jpeg received_10155549030865269.jpeg

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have spent 3 years getting it dialed in and have to have 3 different riffle set ups for the different areas I go and now with the multi sluice cleanup is about 1/2 hour no matter where I'm dredging.

Well I Can't argue with success.... :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions