gold in Menifee

boblemon

May 14, 2015
Kansas city Kansas
Detector(s) used
All Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter bought some property in Menifee Cali. I HAD THEM TAKE A MAGNET AND PULL ME A SAMPLE. I GOT A SMALL BAGGIE WITH ABOUT THE SIZE OF YOUR LITTLE FINGER FULL. I ran the black sand on my miller table and pulled 7 nice flakes. I'm just curious if this is a gold bearing area. This came out of a little stream that runs threw there property. It runs about 6 months out of the year. I'm just wondering if its worth my while to try and process some of this.And how good is the gold in that area. Thanks Bob.

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice intrusive rock surrounds the place, no wonder the flakes are there ! Geology checks out it seems - I'm no geologist by any means. johnnysau

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is gold there but it is fine

Do you have any pics?

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have seen historical claims on the "creek" that goes through Menifee and connects to Canyon lake and into Lake Elsinore, and some of the small connecting creeks. You can find this information in the Division of mines report "Geology and Mineral Deposits of the Lake Elsinore. Quadrangle Bulletin 164 1959" Let us know if you find anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread