Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Okay, so here is a game for us called which episode of Gold Rush:

Which episode of Gold Rush had:

Tony Beets trying to fix his dredge

Hoffman crew not getting much gold.

Parker's machines breaking down and him being an azz

So what season/episode was it?

Tough guess? You bet. My point is all these episodes are very blended where you cannot tell the difference anymore. They need new blood, a new format, and basically an overhaul of the show. What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your on to something, the first season was the realist and most interesting imo.

The thing that irritates me about the show is when it started non of them knew anything about gold, they all bypassed the fundamentals and knew nothing of prospecting or mining. Just a bunch of guys with money went out digging at a known claim. Now they are the face of modern day gold mining to most.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first 3 years it was all about screaming at the TV
"ALL THE GOLD IS DUMPING OUT IN THE TAILING POND"! :BangHead:
lately they are all about the same... now I catch the end with the weigh-in, I like seeing the gold...

Last edited:
G

ghostminer

Tony & Parker get payed by the F word. That's what passes for good wholesome, family entertainment these days.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant tell you about Beets.As soon as he appears, I fast forward ........

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happen w/last nights show ? It was just a rehash of old stuff that was already aired ?

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"They need new blood, a new format, and basically an overhaul of the show." Dump the Hoffman clan and let the Dodge brothers take their place. They were on some good looking gold before Freddy went off to make the Hoffmans look good

ratled

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I stopped watching over a year ago. When I couldn't tell the difference between a new episode and a rerun (to the original poster's point), I knew it was time to stop filling up the DVR with these shows.
(Side note: I did enjoy Devil's Canyon because it was something different).
- Brian

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looked to me that Ghost Canyon had the script set also. Sure they make it look real by having the guys film themselves, but look at the scenery they are in. Granted they are in BC Canada but it sure looks like they are all starting their mining just as fall is setting in like maybe late August. No wonder they had to worry about snow.
As a former prospecting club president I was asked a few times to do a show about prospecting. One was to be just as Ghost Canyon is. Self filmed in the wilderness. When I asked about the show being scripted I would never hear back from any of them. I have very little faith that any of these shows are reality in the loosest meaning of the term. Only thing worth watching is the gold at the end.

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
The shifted from the how to do it to the characters. Which, let's be honest, are very one dimensional(even though they are real people lol). They are like:

Freddy: "I'm dying of cancer"
Todd: "I'm sorry Freddy. We gotta make 5000 frickin ounces!"

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Last weeks gold rush:

Tony and his barge. At first I didn't understand why they are having so many issues. Now I realize that, that barge was not made for that river. I think the bottom is too wide and should be narrow to navigate the channels. Can't they rig flotations and and pull some of the parts up the river? I'm sure he can truck it, but I bet the surrounding land owners won't allow him access.

Todd and the grizzlys
: Why can't people design a better system when dealing with large boulders? A cross bar system(it would look like a grid) would double the strength of the bars. Then there is that rezoning non-sense. Leave it to local govt. to try to make a buck by undermining the State.

Parker's on the move:
I can see the huge benefit of moving the plant vs trucking pay, so if they are aware of this, why not make everything modular and mobile? Imagine a tracked wash plant, its not a hard concept. So he moves everything and they spend more downtime fixing it.

I have been watching this show since the beginning and all of them have the same issue; No foresight. They always seem caught by surprise by an issue. Like when their water goes dirty, well no kidding, you are dumping tons of dirt into it. Then they add a new pump and they blow out hoses on the wash plant. No one thought to check pressure tolerances??? The amount of half-azzing on this show is embarrassing to say the least.

"If it was so easy why don't you do it!" I would have a long time ago, if there were any gold in Pennsylvania.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread