GOLD PRICES : BULLISH or BEARISH ??

G

ghostminer

I would like to hear comments on future gold prices per ounce over the next few years. Are you bullish or bearish? What is your prediction for the 2018 highs? I for one am bullish for several reasons. The major reason is China is now backing oil trading in their currency with gold. This is weakening the U.S. Dollar while putting a bid under gold. It will actually be bullish for most commodity prices including oil, iron ore, copper, silver, & platinum. Also, the newly passed tax reform bill has weakened the U.S. Dollar. The third reason I am bullish is the global unrest (N. Korea). The Fed has been hiking interest rates which should have killed gold prices but gold has actually climbed higher. The Fed tightened margin requirements for gold trading several years ago but it is still climbing. I believe this is the beginning of a commodity cycle that will last several years. My prediction for gold for 2018 is $1450/OZ and $1600/OZ in 2019. Your thoughts?

Upvote 0

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Speculative bubbles are always the same whether it's tulips or beanie babies, the stock market or whatever. As long as there are people buying in and keeping it pumped up it's hard to know the true value. Usually the true value is shown when it goes belly up and everyone wants to sell.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like when you try to cash in bitcoin?

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to think that the price of a barrel of oil defined the price of gold. Kind of an "oil standard". No more. Now I think the price of gold is defined by the price of futures and so has no bearing on the price of rarity, mining, or refining. There's lots of gold in the world, but sources for silver are becoming scarce.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

China is now competing in oil trading with their currency vs U.S.Dollar. For those not comfortable trading in Chinese currency they are now backing it in gold for oil trading purposes. This is the beginning of the end for our Dollar & puts a strong bid under gold. If you have been watching oil prices they are climbing. Now well over $60 & this is the off season for use. Gold as well as most commodities priced in U.S. Dollars will continue to climb. Not a pleasant thought for us Americans.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saudi oil manipulation (ahead of their intended sale of part of the royal family’s oil company) and the US administration saber rattling about N Korea are both weakening the dollar which pushes gold up (in dollar terms).

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We aren't talking about buying gold but speculating on the future price of gold.

IF you are talking about speculating, you are talking Futures , I believe every 10 cent move was worth $100, I could be wrong that was 15 years ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread