Bundys free case thrown out

Status
Not open for further replies.

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The thing about this that really upsets me is just how much time and money the government wasted by not following the laws. Is it really so much to ask that the government plays by the rules they want us to? Im not a big fan of a lot of how the Bundy group has approached all of this but it is hard to really have any solid opinion one way or the other on the situation with the government muddying the water.

Also this thread probably will not last very long as its relevance to prospecting is tenuous at best (I guess mining related lawsuits?).

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Judge dismisses federal charges against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who calls himself ‘a political prisoner’
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-a-political-prisoner/?utm_term=.a1bb7f8c8e9d
A federal judge on Monday dismissed criminal charges against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who rose to national prominence during his armed standoff with government authorities in 2014 as he challenged their authority over federal lands.
The dismissal was the latest defeat for government officials prosecuting Bundy and his relatives in connection with a pair of showdowns with federal authorities, first on Bundy’s home turf and then, two years later, when his sons led an armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge.
U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the case against the rancher, two of his sons and a Montana militiaman, just three weeks after she declared a mistrial in the case against Bundy. Navarro had ruled that government lawyers suppressed key evidence that would have been favorable to the defendants’ case — including suppression of evidence from FBI surveillance cameras recording the Bundy family home and the presence of federal snipers around the property ahead of the standoff, among other omissions.
LAS VEGAS, Jan 8 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Monday threw out a criminal case against a Nevada rancher and three other men over a 2014 militia standoff with federal agents, saying prosecutors had repeatedly withheld evidence from the defense.
https://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFL1N1P313I
Cliven Bundy emerges free, defiant after Nevada case tossed
Cliven Bundy emerges free, defiant after Nevada case tossed - LA Times
"We're not done with this," the 71-year-old Bundy declared in his first minutes of freedom since his arrest in February 2016.
The family patriarch and states' rights figure said he had been held as a political prisoner for 700 days and promised that if U.S. Bureau of Land Management agents come again to seize his cattle over unpaid grazing fees, they will encounter "the very same thing as last time."
"The whole world is looking at us," he said. "'Why is America acting like this? Why are we allowing the federal government, these bureaucracies, to have armies?' That's a big question the whole world wants to know."
The stunning collapse of the federal criminal case against Cliven Bundy and his sons Ryan and Ammon marked a new low for government lawyers whose work is now under review by the Trump administration. Prosecutors have faced several losses in Oregon and Nevada arising from armed Bundy standoffs over federal control of vast stretches of land in the U.S. West.
U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions launched an investigation into the Nevada case last month after Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro declared a mistrial. On Monday, she dismissed outright all 15 counts against Bundy, his sons and Montana militia leader Ryan Payne.
"The court finds that the universal sense of justice has been violated," Navarro said as audible gasps and sobs erupted in a court gallery crammed with Bundy supporters.
It comes after prosecutors failed to gain full convictions in two trials against six other defendants who acknowledged carrying assault-style weapons during the April 2014 confrontation outside Bunkerville, 80 miles (129 kilometers) northeast of Las Vegas.
Jurors in Portland, Oregon, also acquitted Ryan and Ammon Bundy more than a year ago of taking over a federal wildlife refuge in early 2016 and calling for the U.S. government to turn over public land to local control.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The thing about this that really upsets me is just how much time and money the government wasted by not following the laws. Is it really so much to ask that the government plays by the rules they want us to? Im not a big fan of a lot of how the Bundy group has approached all of this but it is hard to really have any solid opinion one way or the other on the situation with the government muddying the water.

Also this thread probably will not last very long as its relevance to prospecting is tenuous at best (I guess mining related lawsuits?).
Thanks for the reply. I guess you go along with the U.S. Forest Service and their shenanigans as well as expanding national monuments and wilderness areas and road closures. Go ahead and report me to the mods for making a tenuous posting if you wish. Patriot John (VN combat 66-67, not relevant)

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the reply. I guess you go along with the U.S. Forest Service and their shenanigans as well as expanding national monuments and wilderness areas and road closures. Go ahead and report me to the mods for making a tenuous posting if you wish. Patriot John (VN combat 66-67, not relevant)

I dont think that it is necessary to assume my views based on a single post or a to take such offense at anything I said. Nothing I said even implies what you took from it. In fact what I said criticizes the government for its wasteful misadventures in violating peoples rights and not following its own laws... :icon_scratch:

I understand this is a very upsetting issue and it upsets me quite a bit too so I hope you can reread my post with a cooler head. Anyone with eyes can see the shenanigans USFS/NPS/etc are up to and how wrong they are... That said the USFS and NPS or even USFWS had nothing to do with the Bundy case as far as I know.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think that it is necessary to assume my views based on a single post or a to take such offense at anything I said. Nothing I said even implies what you took from it. In fact what I said criticizes the government for its wasteful misadventures in violating peoples rights and not following its own laws... :icon_scratch:

I understand this is a very upsetting issue and it upsets me quite a bit too so I hope you can reread my post with a cooler head. Anyone with eyes can see the shenanigans USFS/NPS/etc are up to and how wrong they are... That said the USFS and NPS or even USFWS had nothing to do with the Bundy case as far as I know.

But the USFS is once again involved in another murder...
Family attorney says Miller was unarmed when shot and killed by Forest Service officer | The Verde Independent | Cottonwood, AZ

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not mining related...and the Bundys' are annoying as hell and did do things that they should not have for years.

That a non rancher would not get away with.

The whole Bundy saga is just dumb

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mining related (uranium) and blm related!
Here is the blm whistleblower Larry Wootens 18 page report.
If the conduct and mindset of the blm and others don't bother you,
you may be part of the problem!

These ppl are set as "authority" over YOU and YOUR FAMILIES! Let it sink in.....
Me and my family don't talk and have these type thoughts about each other or our fellowman,
it's disgusting.......

https://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Larry-Wooten-Communication_77PI.pdf

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope he sues them for millions. They need to be held accountable for what those families have been through. They killed his father in cold blood in front of his family.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not mining related...and the Bundys' are annoying as hell and did do things that they should not have for years.

That a non rancher would not get away with.

The whole Bundy saga is just dumb

It is BLM and so related enough to be allowed.

All, please keep politics out thread.

OP
OP
W

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for bringing up controversy, however it is what it is and I stand by it being an important issue. Good luck with the gold. I'm outa here.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mining related (uranium) and blm related!
Here is the blm whistleblower Larry Wootens 18 page report.
If the conduct and mindset of the blm and others don't bother you,
you may be part of the problem!

These ppl are set as "authority" over YOU and YOUR FAMILIES! Let it sink in.....
Me and my family don't talk and have these type thoughts about each other or our fellowman,
it's disgusting.......

https://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Larry-Wooten-Communication_77PI.pdf

Thank you so much for the very informative PDF file. I will print it off and give it to a rancher friend of mine, whom also supports the Bundy's. You are a true Patriot, Pat!!:thumbsup:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who live in Florida telling me about BLM issues...that's just good stuff.

The guy didn't pay grazing fees for twenty one years. Because he got butthurt about a land status change and tried to say congress didn't have the right to make the rules it did on public lands. Even though he believed in the Taylor act for years and followed regulations, its all dumb.

They didn't own the land until 1948 and had no pre emptive, pre existing grazing rights because he had Morman relatives in the area at one point. A totally absurd claim and the courts rejected it . It doesn't work that way for any of you why should it for him?

They didn't graze until the early '50's and they didn't do it continuously. Actually pulling more than one permit. Different years.

The guy said he did this because God told him to.

Thousands of ranchers graze cattle using the same system and are just fine with it. Many a successful rancher thinks Cliven is insane, they also are much better ranchers than he is.

There are on average ninety million cattle on the hoof every year. The Bundy ranch has barely ever gone above hobby level.

What they did could have (may still) affect public land users way more than it ever could have helped. Cause it hasn't so far.

There is very little Uranium under Bundy Ranch. No Uranium mining nearby or any claims for that matter...for any minerals. In the Most mined state in the nation.. Where the BLM doesn't need to chase off a rancher for access to it. He has 160 acres of private land right there.

Nevada Uranium mining, mines, mine owners and mine statistics

Nevada Mining Claims

C45rpIkUkAAidj9.jpg:small

Everything he did had a huge chance to mess stuff up for a lot of public land lease's.

Winning because prosecution screwed up is not a real win. The Bundy clan is very very lucky they got the outcome they did.

if you think they did any of this because they care about YOUR rights you didn't really do your research into the situation and most surely haven't spent as much time in rural cattle country as I have.

They felt entitled plain and simple. The thing in Oregon was absurd.

Levoy was a moron not a here he is lucky he didn't get the others in the vehicle killed.

This kind of thin is the kind of thing that can lead to the Gov. hammering down on firearms.

Plus I still say just because its Blm doesn't make it mining related its cattle related.

The whole thing was way more about chest puffing than rights.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who live in Florida telling me about BLM issues...that's just good stuff.

The guy didn't pay grazing fees for twenty one years. Because he got butthurt about a land status change and tried to say congress didn't have the right to make the rules it did on public lands. Even though he believed in the Taylor act for years and followed regulations, its all dumb.

They didn't own the land until 1948 and had no pre emptive, pre existing grazing rights because he had Morman relatives in the area at one point. A totally absurd claim and the courts rejected it . It doesn't work that way for any of you why should it for him?

They didn't graze until the early '50's and they didn't do it continuously. Actually pulling more than one permit. Different years.

The guy said he did this because God told him to.

Thousands of ranchers graze cattle using the same system and are just fine with it. Many a successful rancher thinks Cliven is insane, they also are much better ranchers than he is.

There are on average ninety million cattle on the hoof every year. The Bundy ranch has barely ever gone above hobby level.

What they did could have (may still) affect public land users way more than it ever could have helped. Cause it hasn't so far.

There is very little Uranium under Bundy Ranch. No Uranium mining nearby or any claims for that matter...for any minerals. In the Most mined state in the nation.. Where the BLM doesn't need to chase off a rancher for access to it. He has 160 acres of private land right there.

Nevada Uranium mining, mines, mine owners and mine statistics

Nevada Mining Claims

C45rpIkUkAAidj9.jpg:small

Everything he did had a huge chance to mess stuff up for a lot of public land lease's.

Winning because prosecution screwed up is not a real win. The Bundy clan is very very lucky they got the outcome they did.

if you think they did any of this because they care about YOUR rights you didn't really do your research into the situation and most surely haven't spent as much time in rural cattle country as I have.

They felt entitled plain and simple. The thing in Oregon was absurd.

Levoy was a moron not a here he is lucky he didn't get the others in the vehicle killed.

This kind of thin is the kind of thing that can lead to the Gov. hammering down on firearms.

Plus I still say just because its Blm doesn't make it mining related its cattle related.

The whole thing was way more about chest puffing than rights.

You need to talk to ranchers that are on the other side of the issue. Yours opinion alone does not hold water with me and hundreds of more ranchers.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't claim to know everything about this situation, That's what discussions and sharing of opinions/facts, are about.
I have my own perception(s), which may or may not be rooted in fact or opinion, just as you do.
Three sides to every story..... (and there's more to it, than just the above stated mentioned, so there, :tongue3:)

funny-city-cat_1024x768-299389.jpg

I do know, I've heard many, who have had "not nice" run ins with authority figures in relations to the freedoms of land/mining/fishing/hunting/etc.....
It pains me to know, such officials have such horrible thoughts...... and the lengths.......

Good luck with all that.......

T.C. I'd tell you to shout it from the mountaintops...... and thanks.

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't claim to know everything about this situation, That's what discussions and sharing of opinions/facts, are about.
I have my own perception(s), which may or may not be rooted in fact or opinion, just as you do.
Three sides to every story..... (and there's more to it, than just the above stated mentioned, so there, :tongue3:)

View attachment 1535262

I do know, I've heard many, who have had "not nice" run ins with authority figures in relations to the freedoms of land/mining/fishing/hunting/etc.....
It pains me to know, such officials have such horrible thoughts...... and the lengths.......

Good luck with all that.......

T.C. I'd tell you to shout it from the mountaintops...... and thanks.

I've already sent this to numerous people, including a few cattle rancher friends that support the Bundys and a few non ranchers concerned with everyone's rights on PUBLIC lands. Thanks again for the link, Pat:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread