Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree150Likes

Thread: Bundys free case thrown out

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    563 times
    Prospecting

Bundys free case thrown out

http://media.breitbart.com/media/201...-1-640x200.jpg Oops, script did not post. Anyway a win for public land users.
    Last edited by wildminer; Jan 08, 2018 at 05:54 PM. Reason: no script

us
    Jun 2017
    Lake Elsinore, California
    Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
    142 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    http://media.breitbart.com/media/201...-1-640x200.jpg Oops, script did not post. Anyway a win for public land users.
    The link goes to a image of but defendants. Not the article FYI.
    Aufisher likes this.
    God. Freedom. Natural Rights.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3120 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Oct 2015
    USA
    34 times
    Prospecting
    The thing about this that really upsets me is just how much time and money the government wasted by not following the laws. Is it really so much to ask that the government plays by the rules they want us to? Im not a big fan of a lot of how the Bundy group has approached all of this but it is hard to really have any solid opinion one way or the other on the situation with the government muddying the water.

Also this thread probably will not last very long as its relevance to prospecting is tenuous at best (I guess mining related lawsuits?).
    Assembler, russau and sprailroad like this.
    Tired of your bitcoin? Send it to me: 1PXEQ452svneT3y7PusgA9W3RF2NPMiRc2

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    416 times
    Prospecting
    Judge dismisses federal charges against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who calls himself ‘a political prisoner’
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a1bb7f8c8e9d
    A federal judge on Monday dismissed criminal charges against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, who rose to national prominence during his armed standoff with government authorities in 2014 as he challenged their authority over federal lands.
    The dismissal was the latest defeat for government officials prosecuting Bundy and his relatives in connection with a pair of showdowns with federal authorities, first on Bundy’s home turf and then, two years later, when his sons led an armed takeover of an Oregon wildlife refuge.
    U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro dismissed the case against the rancher, two of his sons and a Montana militiaman, just three weeks after she declared a mistrial in the case against Bundy. Navarro had ruled that government lawyers suppressed key evidence that would have been favorable to the defendants’ case — including suppression of evidence from FBI surveillance cameras recording the Bundy family home and the presence of federal snipers around the property ahead of the standoff, among other omissions.
    LAS VEGAS, Jan 8 (Reuters) - A federal judge on Monday threw out a criminal case against a Nevada rancher and three other men over a 2014 militia standoff with federal agents, saying prosecutors had repeatedly withheld evidence from the defense.
    https://af.reuters.com/article/commo.../idAFL1N1P313I
    Cliven Bundy emerges free, defiant after Nevada case tossed
    Cliven Bundy emerges free, defiant after Nevada case tossed - LA Times
    "We're not done with this," the 71-year-old Bundy declared in his first minutes of freedom since his arrest in February 2016.
    The family patriarch and states' rights figure said he had been held as a political prisoner for 700 days and promised that if U.S. Bureau of Land Management agents come again to seize his cattle over unpaid grazing fees, they will encounter "the very same thing as last time."
    "The whole world is looking at us," he said. "'Why is America acting like this? Why are we allowing the federal government, these bureaucracies, to have armies?' That's a big question the whole world wants to know."
    The stunning collapse of the federal criminal case against Cliven Bundy and his sons Ryan and Ammon marked a new low for government lawyers whose work is now under review by the Trump administration. Prosecutors have faced several losses in Oregon and Nevada arising from armed Bundy standoffs over federal control of vast stretches of land in the U.S. West.
    U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions launched an investigation into the Nevada case last month after Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro declared a mistrial. On Monday, she dismissed outright all 15 counts against Bundy, his sons and Montana militia leader Ryan Payne.
    "The court finds that the universal sense of justice has been violated," Navarro said as audible gasps and sobs erupted in a court gallery crammed with Bundy supporters.
    It comes after prosecutors failed to gain full convictions in two trials against six other defendants who acknowledged carrying assault-style weapons during the April 2014 confrontation outside Bunkerville, 80 miles (129 kilometers) northeast of Las Vegas.
    Jurors in Portland, Oregon, also acquitted Ryan and Ammon Bundy more than a year ago of taking over a federal wildlife refuge in early 2016 and calling for the U.S. government to turn over public land to local control.
    Last edited by Assembler; Jan 08, 2018 at 09:32 PM.

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    563 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    The thing about this that really upsets me is just how much time and money the government wasted by not following the laws. Is it really so much to ask that the government plays by the rules they want us to? Im not a big fan of a lot of how the Bundy group has approached all of this but it is hard to really have any solid opinion one way or the other on the situation with the government muddying the water.

Also this thread probably will not last very long as its relevance to prospecting is tenuous at best (I guess mining related lawsuits?).
    Thanks for the reply. I guess you go along with the U.S. Forest Service and their shenanigans as well as expanding national monuments and wilderness areas and road closures. Go ahead and report me to the mods for making a tenuous posting if you wish. Patriot John (VN combat 66-67, not relevant)

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    416 times
    Prospecting
    The Bundy's in the past said they have some documents about the lands? Time will tell on this. Just don't know at this time. There could be some other documents of interest as well that may come out?
    Cliven Bundy: 'We're Not Done With This'
    http://www.chieftain.com/news/nation...29a64bc94.html
    Last edited by Assembler; Jan 08, 2018 at 11:10 PM.

us
    Oct 2015
    USA
    34 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by wildminer View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess you go along with the U.S. Forest Service and their shenanigans as well as expanding national monuments and wilderness areas and road closures. Go ahead and report me to the mods for making a tenuous posting if you wish. Patriot John (VN combat 66-67, not relevant)
    I dont think that it is necessary to assume my views based on a single post or a to take such offense at anything I said. Nothing I said even implies what you took from it. In fact what I said criticizes the government for its wasteful misadventures in violating peoples rights and not following its own laws...

I understand this is a very upsetting issue and it upsets me quite a bit too so I hope you can reread my post with a cooler head. Anyone with eyes can see the shenanigans USFS/NPS/etc are up to and how wrong they are... That said the USFS and NPS or even USFWS had nothing to do with the Bundy case as far as I know.
    et1955, Assembler, ALewis and 2 others like this.
    Tired of your bitcoin? Send it to me: 1PXEQ452svneT3y7PusgA9W3RF2NPMiRc2

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    3541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    I dont think that it is necessary to assume my views based on a single post or a to take such offense at anything I said. Nothing I said even implies what you took from it. In fact what I said criticizes the government for its wasteful misadventures in violating peoples rights and not following its own laws...

I understand this is a very upsetting issue and it upsets me quite a bit too so I hope you can reread my post with a cooler head. Anyone with eyes can see the shenanigans USFS/NPS/etc are up to and how wrong they are... That said the USFS and NPS or even USFWS had nothing to do with the Bundy case as far as I know.
    But the USFS is once again involved in another murder...
    Family attorney says Miller was unarmed when shot and killed by Forest Service officer | The Verde Independent | Cottonwood, AZ

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    9942 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    not mining related...and the Bundys' are annoying as hell and did do things that they should not have for years.

That a non rancher would not get away with.

The whole Bundy saga is just dumb

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6145 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Mining related (uranium) and blm related!
    Here is the blm whistleblower Larry Wootens 18 page report.
    If the conduct and mindset of the blm and others don't bother you,
    you may be part of the problem!

These ppl are set as "authority" over YOU and YOUR FAMILIES! Let it sink in.....
    Me and my family don't talk and have these type thoughts about each other or our fellowman,
    it's disgusting.......

https://redoubtnews.com/wp-content/u...ation_77PI.pdf
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    8126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    not mining related...and the Bundys' are annoying as hell and did do things that they should not have for years.

This post is just plain sad, period.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    1287 times
    Prospecting
    I hope he sues them for millions. They need to be held accountable for what those families have been through. They killed his father in cold blood in front of his family.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Minelab_CTX-3030 Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    25412 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post

It is BLM and so related enough to be allowed.

All, please keep politics out thread.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

When you legislate a person's rights away a piece at a time naive citizens don't notice...

The Patriot Act is anything but patriotic, denying citizens our freedoms and privacy in the lie of government security is allowing evil to win.. I will take my chances with the terrorists over tyranny...

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

Dec 2015
    Oregon Coast
    563 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry for bringing up controversy, however it is what it is and I stand by it being an important issue. Good luck with the gold. I'm outa here.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links