Planning the first stages of rehab on the Goodyear Mine

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You wouldn't get me in there on a bet! Best of luck!:skullflag:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How hard is it to get some concrete and steel in there? What kind of costs?
This one does not see any left over drill holes of any kind in the clips. Was there hand removal of rock after blasting that removed any left over drill holes?
The wet mud is going to be a problem.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
You wouldn't get me in there on a bet! Best of luck!:skullflag:

A lady prospector friend I took up there during the filming of these got stuck in the portal and I had to drag her out. You're coming out of a very tight spot, going uphill, with no handholds or places to really push with your feet. You can't dig your heels in and arch your back to push out because there's not enough room to arch your back up. It's an adventure.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A lady prospector friend I took up there during the filming of these got stuck in the portal and I had to drag her out. You're coming out of a very tight spot, going uphill, with no handholds or places to really push with your feet. You can't dig your heels in and arch your back to push out because there's not enough room to arch your back up. It's an adventure.
May be a winch line of some type should be set up to reduce any problems for everyone. Maybe some type of steel cage can be used in the work area down the road for falling rocks. Just some ideas.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Shoring first then clear tunnel.

The collapse goes from rib to rib and is several feet deep off the sill. The plan is to move some rock off the pile, scale down the loose as much as possible, put in temp supports, then remove the remainder. Sometime this late spring/early summer we'll come in with split sets and straps to tie it all together.

May be a winch line of some type should be set up to reduce any problems for everyone. Maybe some type of steel cage can be used in the work area down the road for falling rocks. Just some ideas.

Using a scaling bar to bar down loose rock is the way to go. It keeps you out from under the rock and you can keep your eyes on it too.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This, folks, is a perfect example of a troll post.

SaltwaterServr; do not call any member a Troll !

Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

TreasureNet - Rules

G

ghostminer

Excuse me sir. I happen to be the president of a small mining company. We are doing the same thing you are doing except with old placer deposits. Take your arrogant comments elsewhere.

G

ghostminer

It is not meant to be factual numbers. It means why spend a fortune to make a small amount. I think you understood that.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
It is not meant to be factual numbers. It means why spend a fortune to make a small amount. I think you understood that.

Why would you assume anything about values in the mine itself when you're only allowed to see what we decide to let you see?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse me sir. I happen to be the president of a small mining company. We are doing the same thing you are doing except with old placer deposits. Take your arrogant comments elsewhere.

ghostminer, I will suggest you calm things down also.
especially when posting in another members thread.

Seems to me at times you may be the cause of the unrest.

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
ghostminer, I will suggest you calm things down also.
especially when posting in another members thread.

Seems to me at times you may be the cause of the unrest.

Thank you for being the voice of reason for both parties. I've done your job for an NFL team's forums and brother, I don't miss it a bit.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing like being in the rock, my hats off to you!

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I say well done in this mine.

You guys are in there busting ass and I applaud your efforts!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions