Has anyone had experience with the Schmidt Gold Bazooka?

OP
OP
M.E.G.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like really old crap... Pass

It was just a reference photo link so one does not confuse what I'm asking about with the Gould Bazooka. I'm looking for feedback for those with hands on experience.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I built one based loosely based on the patent drawings, I did the grizzly and and the trap slightly different. I havn't tested it beyond seeing if it had suction so I can't really give any recommendations.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any bazooka dredge or black magic sluice is pretty much ready to fall apart any day.

Crappy glue jobs and age

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Gould and the Schmidt Bazookas are two different things

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh... The Gould Bazooka... That really really really was crap... Lol... I was there the day that Frank pulled it out of Pioneer Mining because Regie had started siliconing the parts together instead of welding them... Gold prices were around $250.00ozt. Regie kept trying to get me to buy one, but there was just no place for it in my system and too me, it was heavy as hell, Regie was always saying how well it worked as a hand held, but honestly... it didn't... I used different ones a number of times, the spiral riffle was impressive but the rest was laughable, especially the poop tube he put on the back as a nugget trap... It worked, but it also needed work because when being held off level, the gold didn't have time to fall in under the spiral... I panned tailings and found gold every time, so we went round and round on it... Regie trying to sell it, and Frank and I telling people to stay away :evil6:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread