The Dakota Boys are back on GoldRush

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When it comes to just downright orneriness, Fred Hurt would be
at the top of any list. As for the show, I haven't watched an episode
yet this year.

I do DVR Gold Rush, but I'm a few episodes behind on the watching.
Usually I'll watch 2-3 episodes back-to-back, with liberal use of the
FF button. I just skip over a lot of Tony's stuff, but like to watch Parker
and Rick operations.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1st let me remind everybody that I have been dredging for 40 years. And I have a mining partner who would put anyone to shame....he is an all in guy. We dredge separately and usually not more than a few hundred yards apart.....running 4 inch dredges on a small creek high up in the headwaters of a gold producing drainage.

Well the season ended with the Dakota boys checking out another plunge pool up on a major feeder creek. And again these guys talk about getting to bedrock and saying they don't know how far down it will be. They damn near got killed in their last hole and it was aprox 20 ft down to bedrock.

I watch the show. It is difficult for me to watch but the creek has a history that warrants "going for the gold". I talk to my wife a lot when we watch it together....as I am constantly being critical of what they do and say.

I feel like I need to get ahold of these guys and clue them in a little bit. At least I would approach what and how they proceed a little different. My advice: "Let Nature do the work for you". Spend some time and go up and down the creek (boots on the ground) and assess the places that nature has opened up spots exposing the bedrock. Streams change constantly....usually due to the introduction of material...…..be it woody or rock...or debris. I have been assessing my claims creek bed for 40 years now and each spring I find new places that bedrock is exposed. My claims only produce significant gold when you get to bedrock...and going down through 10-15-20 ft of gravels to get to bedrock takes a lot of time. Don't get me wrong...I have done it...but my most productive seasons are when nature did the work for me.

Bejay

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope they find millions $$$$$

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread