Gold Grabber High Bankers?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was posted on our Facebook page and I don't remember ever seeing one of these cube style highbankers... How do they work? Anyone ever used one? They're claiming to have been around since 1976 and I do have a vague memory of seeing one once long ago but without knowing what's going on inside, I'm really skeptical as to the design...
I'm seeing a lot of different stuff that I hadn't seen before or for many years being down here in Arizona :)
Reed
http://goldgrabberhighbankers.com/index.html

Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have one of the ones shown in the black and white photo.

It had a tray that slid out the back.

All recovery was in that tray. Expanded metal over carpet.

All material falls down onto rods oversize comes out of side chutes.

My friend up the road has the bigger model of the new plastic one. He runds a sluice at the out put.

We have found gold in the sluice AND in the oversize waste.

I traded my old metal one at a local antique shop for $150 credit. I had got it free out of an old guys back yard he was gonna throw it away.

I have some old Gold prospectors mags from like '79 or '80 that has the adds for the old one. including a girl in a sexy 3/4 length wetsuit if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
Reed Lukens

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have one of the ones shown in the black and white photo.

It had a tray that slid out the back.

All recovery was in that tray. Expanded metal over carpet.

All material falls down onto rods oversize comes out of side chutes.

My friend up the road has the bigger model of the new plastic one. He runds a sluice at the out put.

We have found gold in the sluice AND in the oversize waste.

I traded my old metal one at a local antique shop for $150 credit. I had got it free out of an old guys back yard he was gonna throw it away.

I have some old Gold prospectors mags from like '79 or '80 that has the adds for the old one. including a girl in a sexy 3/4 length wetsuit if I remember correctly.

That's what I remember also, lots of gold in the tailings. I remember seeing a used one for sale probably 30 years ago, talked to my old friend Arnie about it, who worked at Pioneer Mining back in the day before Frank came up from Motherlode and passed on the deal. Frank and Arnie were partners in the business. There sure is lots of old and different technologies down here in Az all over the place, but it works :)

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to learn of Alan’s retirement. He’s seemed like an asset to he industry when I spent time with him a couple years ago :)

PioneerPauly

Mar 28, 2010
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug II
Primary Interest:
Other
I think they should work fine given that the material has a place to settle. I used a pop bottle as a pan before!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions