Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Homemade sluice in Amazon w/ GoldHog Mats

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    1953 times
    Prospecting
    This gives me hope. I wasn't sure if I could produce enough from my claim but I probably have a couple grams in a yard or so. Whoohoo!

us
    United States

Jan 2018
    12 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hello Aescal. Your partners are working very quickly if they are loading/hauling/dumping 10 truck loads an hour with a single truck!
    100 yards an hour through a single sluice box probably swells that moss up pretty quick.
    Theoretically there is some hog mat that you can run under expanded steel that stays clean and catches the fine gold.
    Have you done a cleanup on just the last couple feet of box?

us
    Aug 2013
    533 times
    Next trip up ,I would test the tailings, I enjoy seeing and reading of your venture, you mentioned they are behind on payments by three months, I am curious of the overhead of the operation, anywhere close to 160grams a day should be feasible,and profitable with 1excavator, and 1 truck,is there a chance that there's a another party that sees the cleanouts before you or what's reported,not implying the worst, just its gold, and we know what that does given the opportunity

Nov 2012
    106 times
    Hey guys... picture time..

Ive been running around with several different projects and haven't had time to come on let alone breath.... Tantalum mines in Santa Cruz, Copper in Oruro, and selling equipment left and right (rains finally stopped end of April and water has receded).

I worked out a deal with the coop that owes me now 9 months on the 320c excavator I sold them. Every 2 weeks I go in and observe the clean out and take 10% until they are paid off. And they gave me access to 250.000 sq meters (60 acres) about 1000ft downstream for my own operation. Unfortunately this was after I sold my last 2 excavators (which I now regret). So im in the process of looking for a couple here as I have all the other equipment to run my own midsize op (2 water pumps, generator, 6cu yard wheel loader, several backhoes, etc).

My little sluice box and the end of the run gets no love or attention and Ive kinda put it off for now. So Im gonna share some pics of my last trip in.

So the guys are digging in a different spot as the spring/summer rains have completed filled in the hole where they reached bedrock before

As we waited for them to finish their last trucks before the cleanout we setup the GoldHog Raptor that finally arrived. I was so excited to be able to set it up. The Champion water pump got stuck in customs (along with everything else in the container) for 3 months!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-31 at 6.04.29 PM.jpeg 
Views:	45 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	1602975

Heres the Raptor in action (set it kinda steep as we first ran tailings and saw it would compact the mats, lots of clay)

Not too happy with what was in the tailings (might have been overburden, but 400 shovel fulls only netted about 30 tiny specs, no pickers) I had them bring one cubic yard in my backhoe (renting it out to them). That was much better. You cant see from the pic (or maybe you can, it was bright) but it came in at .25 grams. Awesome considering they are running 14yd trucks.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-31 at 6.04.27 PM.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	1602976

So then we did watched the clean out. They cut the water down and proceeded to pick off most of the big rocks and shovel the material back up the mats, damming it up occasionally.

After about 3 hours for a 40ft long run, they ended up with this:

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-06-04 at 9.11.43 AM.jpeg 
Views:	42 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	1602972

The mats get dragged off and washed/beat to heck and back/ cleaned in make shift pond.

Heres where my phone battery died and I didnt get anymore pics or video.

Total for 4 days worth of work (really only maybe 3 days because the first day started at 2pm and they stopped at sundown)..

198grams.

Ive gotta run into tomorrow and this time Im taking my portable charger......

Until I find an excavator I was looking into setting up a land dredge... Ive several of these here ex-mil water pumps that came in the container my my expanded metal and champion water pump and generator.

Name:	Water pump.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	1602991

These guys are rated for 1000gpm... 2x 4" and 1x 6" suction and 2x 4" and 1x 6" discharge. Really got them to dewater the hole I plan on digging on that claim they passed along to me..

Im thinking thats more than enough volume to run an 8" dredge. Thoughts

us
    Mine President, XPBC, GIH

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    719 times
    Prospecting
    Thats the pump setup I need for my dry land dredge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links