Anyone watch the gold rush white water show with the Dakota"s

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Their knowledge of creeks is questionable...HA! Ah, gee, the creek just washed our stuff down the creek. Oh, well. We'll just put a new diver in and bob him around like a nightcrawler on a barbless hook. I don't know about you other guy's but it would take about 150 lbs of lead around my butt to have any chance of dredging the bottom. And holding that nozzle in that current I could probably last...oh, ...maybe....5 minutes. Pretty area tho'.

DSC00029 copy.jpg

After a hard rain

DSC08844.jpgcopy copy.jpg ....

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I seem to remember Fred and Dustin talking about working the headwaters a few seasons ago but never saw them doing it. Maybe this is the footage.

I was negotiating with a production company a few years ago who was looking for gold dredgers willing to go into whitewater and dredge rapids and waterfalls. I talked to them long enough to realize they had no idea what they were doing or how dangerous that was...also seems like this show

TwistedT

Nov 15, 2014
Westmoreland County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher F5,
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this show is so stupid its funny.
just trying to make a few more bucks off their Gold Rush show.

never trusted them when they were on Gold Rush and dont trust them now.

wont watch!!!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was flippin through channels last night saw it stopped made it like four miniutes.

The part where Fred, who looks and sounds different I know its him but, man a few years changed a lot. Was talking to fatboy about getting some investment money.

Then went back and He was talking to Dustin who was griping about having to give a cut to fatboy plus the money they borrowed.

The acting was TERRIBLE like some of the worst I've seen in the show.

I changed it.

Won't be watching it or recording just like Gold Rush it's gonna be fake over scripted bad acted non reality T.V.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have it DVR'ed to watch some time later when I find some free time.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
DVR'd it and just watched it. Never liked the Dakota's, seems awfully contrived

Of course most people wouldn't want to watch the real thing, a couple people dredging or dive dredging or chit chatting while shoveling gravel into a dredge or a sluice, of course if you want that you could watch one of my youtube videos

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched it. And they are NUTS ! But, I'll probably continue watching :)

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching it, I can say yes I will probably keep watching it just because I love anything that might show gold and I can laugh and fast forward through the drama. I think it's probably all staged being that he had to ask Hoffman of all people for a loan and it's title is under gold rush. I give the old guy credit for being 72 and still getting after it tho

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
For some reason, I was able to watch the whole season already. Bingewatched it yesterday. I have Xfinity. I wonder if that is why or maybe Discovery Channel screwed up. Oh well, I won't spoil it for anyone.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching it, I can say yes I will probably keep watching it just because I love anything that might show gold and I can laugh and fast forward through the drama. I think it's probably all staged being that he had to ask Hoffman of all people for a loan and it's title is under gold rush. I give the old guy credit for being 72 and still getting after it tho

Nice way for production to legitimize Todd as a miner with money to lend....

Meanwhile next week on Gold Rush Todd's crew is working for free again because of some breakdown or they are off of the gold again..

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, it was on demand. I thought it was odd. Before I started watching, i looked at the airing date for each episode to make sure i wasn't immagining things.
This one saw the listings as well however could not watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread