Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Ultra fine gold dust

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    147 times
    Prospecting
    Oh, that's -200!? That's tiny!! How you got that and cleaned it is some skill! I'm wondering which shape captures this better. The channel low profile, or some kind of V grove, or Gold Cube vortex mat or some Gold hog mat. I've seen the clean gold design. I am not just goimg for the ultra fine. But, want to be doing a good effecient recovery. Amazing gold RTR!

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8770 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahoegold View Post
    Oh, that's -200!? That's tiny!! How you got that and cleaned it is some skill! I'm wondering which shape captures this better. The channel low profile, or some kind of V grove, or Gold Cube vortex mat or some Gold hog mat. I've seen the clean gold design. I am not just goimg for the ultra fine. But, want to be doing a good effecient recovery. Amazing gold RTR!
    The -200 in that pix. is not mine.But I have found some -150 using this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011_0405Mttohuntdeer4th0002.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	1561378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	1561379
    Last edited by RTR; Mar 09, 2018 at 04:29 AM.
    Tahoegold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8770 times
    Above 100 mesh screen is 150 Microns .Thats pretty small Mesh Size and Micron Conversion Chart
    Tahoegold likes this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka Gold Trap 24" Sniper,God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload,MD App,Determination
    147 times
    Prospecting
    Nice set up! I have a set of screens. Keven Colorado's suggestion of 20 50 and100 works real well. I get the gold by panning easily. But, with a bucket full like what you have, it's got to be a good Idea to have a clean up sluice. I saw a guy on youtube use a 2 bucket system to get all the gold into a 2" test cap. I think that is for small amounts as well. But, it seems possible to actually get even more out of the cons. I'm certain there will always be some minute amounts left. But, aside from getting rich, it's fun finding ways to recover any gold that I worked for!
    KevinInColorado likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8770 times
    Nice set up! I have a set of screens. Keven Colorado's suggestion of 20 50 and100 works real well. I get the gold by panning easily. But, with a bucket full like what you have, it's got to be a good Idea to have a clean up sluice. I saw a guy on youtube use a 2 bucket system to get all the gold into a 2" test cap. I think that is for small amounts as well. But, it seems possible to actually get even more out of the cons. I'm certain there will always be some minute amounts left. But, aside from getting rich, it's fun finding ways to recover any gold that I worked for!
    The Falcon MD-20 is a REAL time saver at finding Gold. No need to 'pan' the material. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	1561451

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    147 times
    Prospecting
    I thought I'd revisit this thread and update. I bought some Gold Hog washer mat and made a recirculating sluice for winter time fun with the tiny stuff. I watched Doc's videos and got things dialed. A little experimenting and I'm catching almost everything in 2 runs. I read a post by Reed Lukins where he said he doesn't use mercury any more because things have gotten so good with the newer gear that it's not necessary. I ran every thing through the screens and ran the material 3 times each. On the -50 +100 stuff I had a couple of tiny specks with the 3rd run. Same with the -100. I think I'll run stuff 2 times from now on and I'm very happy with the washer mat. It's great and now I am confident that I'm getting even the tiny stuff. Anything smaller would be just to see if I have the skills to do it! I'm all in with Gold hog mats and 3 sluices. I'm amazed at their abilities. I like my BGT sniper but the GGT motherload is on par with the GH mats for the fines. I am so ready for this season. I can hardly wait, lots of snow, it should be a decent year. Thanks for all the advice guys!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Washer mat sluice.jpeg 
Views:	51 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	1691314

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8770 times
    How small do you want it. These(heavily magnified specks) are so fine they float.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	1691343
    Tahoegold likes this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    147 times
    Prospecting
    That's some tiny stuff! Amazing that Gold is so heavy, yet it seems to jump to the surface and float when it's tiny. Good work getting that all clean and in a bottle. It's quite a feat to even get that apart from blak sands without chemicals and mercury.
    Now that I have this washer mat sluice, I never have more than a tablespoon or two to work, no matter how much marerial I run. That's a relief. Makes it way more fun! I used to try to pan my cons at the river to see how much I'm getting. Now I'm just cleaning them a little to take a look to see how Im doing and bring it back to do a better job at home. I used to wonder how guys could just sluice and take the cons home and not pan it down. I get it now. I'm more determined to get as much done sluicing and gathering a bunch of cons than wasting time at the river.
    RTR likes this.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1970 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    I helped a friend do a cleanup of his concentrates ... He had about 2 1/2 gallons of cons from his beach mining.
    He used gold hogs UR mat and some miners moss in his beach sluice it was 12" wide and 48" long.
    Anyway he was not looking forward to panning those cons so I told him next time I dropped in I would bring my gold cube.
    I had covered the slick plate of the cube with a 12"x12" piece of deep V mat sine I feel there is no reason to have a slick on the gold cube...On a sluice that's a different story but wI might go into that later.
    Anyway we took that 2 1/2 gallons of cons down to less than a cup full.
    Here is a little vid of the process......... By the way he recovered a little over 2 troy oz. of beach gold and if you have ever had anything to do with that you know just how fine it is.... -100 mesh and smaller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-22 17.37.03.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	1691412

Last edited by johnedoe; Mar 16, 2019 at 11:34 AM.
    mytimetoshine likes this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

us
    Jan 2012
    Oregon Coast
    White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
    1970 times
    Beach mining, Metal detecting, Trading.
    There, fixed it for ya....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 9.26.58 AM.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	678.3 KB 
ID:	1691411
    wildminer, RTR, Tahoegold and 1 others like this.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson

Which is also why we have the second
    amendment.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8770 times
    That's some tiny stuff! Amazing that Gold is so heavy, yet it seems to jump to the surface and float when it's tiny. Good work getting that all clean and in a bottle. It's quite a feat to even get that apart from blak sands without chemicals and mercury.
    Now that I have this washer mat sluice, I never have more than a tablespoon or two to work, no matter how much marerial I run. That's a relief. Makes it way more fun! I used to try to pan my cons at the river to see how much I'm getting. Now I'm just cleaning them a little to take a look to see how Im doing and bring it back to do a better job at home. I used to wonder how guys could just sluice and take the cons home and not pan it down. I get it now. I'm more determined to get as much done sluicing and gathering a bunch of cons than wasting time at the river.
    I run the material on a Miller table,it removes 99%+ of all the junk. After the gold is dry, with a brush I sweep it on to a piece of white folded paper.Get the gold in the crease and gently tap the paper & the gold rolls down into the container. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	1691453 This is how good the Miller removes the black sandClick image for larger version. 

Name:	008.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	1691455
    et1955 and russau like this.

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    147 times
    Prospecting
    Thank you johndoe!!

us
    Mar 2016
    Tahoe, CA
    147 times
    Prospecting
    Hey RTR,
    That's tiney stuff. I've thought about building a miller table. Now that I have a pump I just may do that. It's somethig to do when it's winter and I'm stuck in the house!
    RTR likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8770 times
    Hey RTR,
    That's tiney stuff. I've thought about building a miller table. Now that I have a pump I just may do that. It's somethig to do when it's winter and I'm stuck in the house!
    I thought about building a shaker table but ended up w/ a Miller table w/ no regrets.Some helpful info here.
    Making a DIY shaker table

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links