San Gabriel Mountians, national monument to be reversed.

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to remember hearing about some of the “national monument” areas that’s were declared a few years ago being reversed. Not sure if it was elections talk or post elections. Anyone else remember hearing about this? Heck I still don’t get what the point of doing it with Azusa canyon and the east fork. While I lived up there for a few years and LOVED IT, this was years ago before the tagging and car break ins got so bad the sheriff don’t even want to come up for calls.
I visited a couple of years before and thought I wanted to go up and see what happened over the years. I recently thought about getting back into panning which I hadn’t did since I was a kid.
I bought a sluice, magic gold wheel pans and classifiers and now I’m reading due to national park declaration I can’t even go sluice my old home area.
San Gabriel mountains have nothing of national
Interest.. their awesome local mountains but nothing special enough to be a national attraction. I think this blows and hope the talk of reversal goes through!

Typing distracted and head cold so yea my thoughts might wander and all..

Upvote 0

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you go? Just go. A lot of prospecting up there. They’ve claimed panning is illegal for years. It’s not but they’ll tell you it is.

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah just go, seen people dig right in front of the rangers. They don't say a word unless you are digging above the highwater line, that's word on the river anyway. Although there is an uncirtanity if they will begin cracking down with the passing of "the East fork project"
angeles.sierraclub.org/news/blog/2016/04/east_fork_project_new_plans_popular_san_gabriel_river_site#comment-314531

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah just go, seen people dig right in front of the rangers. They don't say a word unless you are digging above the highwater line, that's word on the river anyway. Although there is an uncirtanity if they will begin cracking down with the passing of "the East fork project"
angeles.sierraclub.org/news/blog/2016/04/east_fork_project_new_plans_popular_san_gabriel_river_site#comment-314531
Tried to read that 404 or recently moved..
I wonder if the ranger from when I lived up there still works there lol.
Sitez or sights. Some great memories up there. And amazing the changes at the same time.
I know one spot I want to prospect but it may have been wiped out when they made the east fork road continue.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you go? Just go. A lot of prospecting up there. They’ve claimed panning is illegal for years. It’s not but they’ll tell you it is.
Haven’t went yet, I have just got the gear, I’m pretty much fully set up, other than a full size shovel. I think I’d probably pan till I found some good color then sluice some and bucket up
Concentrated to bring home and gold wheel them.
Now I need a day off work to go. Funny thing is my friends just think I’m nuts haha!

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well than we are all nuts with you!

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well than we are all nuts with you!
I ran some already panned concentrated through my gold magic machine.
Sucker does a nice job! I missed a few bits!!
Ran a little bought pay dirt through it too.
I’m pretty sure I’m seeing some micro gold and found a few chunks I’m actually not sure on.
All while at work lol!!

Zee K.

Apr 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there!
I was wondering if anyone can join me tomorrow sluicing at east fork?
on Sunday April 7 2019.
Thanks

moondog2000

Mar 19, 2010
Beaumont California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT,MXT,GOLD MONSTER 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zee K, have you been up to east fork lately,are people prospecting in the canyon. I hate to drive so far to find out. I'm hoping the rangers leave people alone

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you guys are getting out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread