I need 8 prospector scoops who has cheap bulk?

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Sdc 2300, gold monster 1000 gpx 6000.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Walmart they sometimes carry plastic garden trowels.

yep especially this time of year. Black, orange plug at the end $1.98 at most

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recommendations, I’ll check. With these I’ll have 7 kids to teach panning basics.
Each with own their own pan, plastic gold vial, sniffer bottle and scoops.
Done on a budget out of my own pocket. But there is interest away from electronics.
They like metal detecting already, just no time to take em out often enough.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Harbor Freight or Walmart - cheap garden trowel. You can outfit all 8 for about $20

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad at all at Walmart, I ended up with the plastic trowels for 84 cents each.
I ended up also finding a couple pic axes for 5.43 each.
They were apparently mistagged should have been 15. Each.

Ela

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2018
USA
Detector(s) used
lone star metal detector tips
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi. Thanks For Your Information.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
495431B7-4C17-4FBE-8E79-33F4F0E41D59.jpeg

Here they are, 7 kits for kids to be able to dig some soil.
Hand trowel, pan, gold vial and sniffer bottle.
Everything they will need except next I teach them how to actually pan.
If they stay interested great. But figured by each having everything they need
And getting to keep it would be awesome.
Four of em will get em tomorrow and rest of the kids on Friday.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you for teaching the kids!

Thanks :).. their already YouTube obsessed I think I’ll try to find a few good demonstration videos, then run a home brew clinic with some paydirt. So they can see me do it and help em if they need. Heck YouTube videos got me back into the swing of it after 30 years..

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check into Roaring Camp for good pans and pay dirt bags. I've been using their pans for more than 30 years. Nothing better than washing the black sands from the "Gold Saver" cup in the pan (I call it the Holy Sh!t cup) for that first reveal. They also have novelty size pay dirt bags from their mine, and larger bulk bags are also available.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PM me with an address I can mail this weekends share of a small high banker project. Got friends coming up and basically all I do is point and sit around...HA!
Kids gotta know about gold and dirt and ice cold creeks. But finding a few flakes in the pan is kinda fun also.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM me with an address I can mail this weekends share of a small high banker project. Got friends coming up and basically all I do is point and sit around...HA!
Kids gotta know about gold and dirt and ice cold creeks. But finding a few flakes in the pan is kinda fun also.

Much appreciated sent.
I can picture the jaw dropping look they will end up with.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know what shipping ends up being and I can PayPal it to you.

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No need to PayPal....just as a favor be sure to let your "young prospectors" know the need for supporting the plight of all of us in our struggle to keep America free to discover the minerals of our vast lands and keep a very good eye on those that want to close lands "so the next generation" can enjoy them. Sounds like these young people ARE the next generation. I'm off the grid so it takes awhile to hit the postal system but your shiny sample is on the way. Not much but it will put a bit in the bottom of a pan. Just a couple of tips to help your budget...the Dollar Store is your friend, from dollar brushes to dollar colanders, large spoons and a bunch of scrapers, turkey basters...etc. Enjoy the journey.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to PayPal....just as a favor be sure to let your "young prospectors" know the need for supporting the plight of all of us in our struggle to keep America free to discover the minerals of our vast lands and keep a very good eye on those that want to close lands "so the next generation" can enjoy them. Sounds like these young people ARE the next generation. I'm off the grid so it takes awhile to hit the postal system but your shiny sample is on the way. Not much but it will put a bit in the bottom of a pan. Just a couple of tips to help your budget...the Dollar Store is your friend, from dollar brushes to dollar colanders, large spoons and a bunch of scrapers, turkey basters...etc. Enjoy the journey.
That’s a great point. As of even now where i lived for a couple years as a kid, is currently indispute due to “national monument “ status. It is a great point though and yes they are the next generation.
And I’ll have to look, that’s a great point I would like to teach them crevicing as well.
Now I need the time off work haha!

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, schedule changed temporarily with work and all, I had time last night to show 4 of the kids so far basics in panning.
I need to pick up some tubs at Home Depot, but was able to get 4 kids hands on with their pans and snuffer bottles.
Took each pan and dumped in 4 table spoons of dirt, Added in some water and they learned to straitify, wash in pan pulling
Light materials back exposing the black sand and finding their own gold!
One of em even did a second pan, one did a pan and went back to bed(still wanted to do a pan with the stomach flu), one did a pan then had to bail, youngest trying to figure out helping her with the hand cordination.

I gotta say it was pretty awesome the eagerness and excitement with them finding the gold.
Damn proud that all of em got it to the gold on the first pan.
One of em was even doing the side tap, asked her if she was watching YouTube videos, she said “no I was watching you”
:thumbsup:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good on you.:thumbsup: Just like fishing, to get them excited about it take them somewhere where they will surely catch one or in this case find some gold.

Have fun.

OP
OP
OneStudPuppy

OneStudPuppy

Jan 17, 2018
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, life events occur and people go their own ways.
@mendoAu please check your PM.
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread