DAVE TURIN & THE D11 DOZER

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like fun to operate. How much fuel is burned per hour? No "POO" needed right.......LOL.
Thanks for the post gostminer.

A long ways from the very first Gold Rush Show.

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to drive that thing.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doesnt Vegas have an... well.. I guess they DO.. have an adult playground? No no no, the sand box type... Like this! ;)

https://digthisvegas.com/
No D11 though :(

Don't have the fun of posting a "POO" though...........LOL.
Good one SunshineMiner. The D11 just costs more all the way around.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Absolutely.. and what'd dave say... 14 feet? 2 stories? Talk about liability, and i dont mean just for the "player"!
The "Drill hole tests" showed most of the values down at that depth. After all that is what attracted Dave to invest all his money and make the "Cuts".

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, sorry, i was still talking about not having a D11 in vegas in terms of costs and liability XD Didnt parker have something like a D10? With the gold those boys are getting up there, a D11 is well worth it!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh, sorry, i was still talking about not having a D11 in vegas in terms of costs and liability XD Didnt parker have something like a D10? With the gold those boys are getting up there, a D11 is well worth it!
Yes you are right about it is worth having the big equipment.
Just pointing out that Dave would have not left what he was doing and borrowed the 1/2 million dollars for the larger toys with out the "Drill hole tests" in the first place.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or the actual donation for use and advertising that Cat provided to get on T.V.

Dave does not have the money to buy that Dozer

Keeping in mind that the Hoffmans are not actually pulling a bunch of gold to create Daves cut of gold to have money to buy it.

It just never happened.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing piece of equipment that would be the prize in any mining operation of which that size was needed. John

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Of course Dave didn't buy the dozer. He never said it was his dozer. He said after 42 yrs experience on heavy equipment he gets to run it. I doubt if the show bought it. The intention of the video was to show what an amazing piece of equipment the D11 is.

Last edited:

DeaninYukon

Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a rented D11N, neither Hoffman’s or Parker have D11. Cat is not a sponsor of Gold Rush. Parker has 2 D10N and a D10T, he just bought another D10T. You can not compare what Parker does to what the Hoffman's do. One mines gold, one mines ratings and sponsorship

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

A new D11 would set you back about $2.2 Million.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was referring to the comment about "Dave" "investing" "his" "money"

based on "drill holes"

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

If you believe the show Dave went to his father & took a cut out of the companies quarry business. Did it really happen? Probably doubtful.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you believe the show Dave went to his father & took a cut out of the companies quarry business. Did it really happen? Probably doubtful.
Just part of the drama of the show stating that Dave will not "Invest $500,000." unless Dave is 1/2 of the operation after looking at the "Drill hole maps". Does anyone have first hand knowledge of what the transaction was?

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Dave was to become a 50/50 partner on that particular project. If I recall, that was the season they did pretty good. There is big news coming out about the show this Friday. I'm not 100% sure about this but I believe the Hoffman's may be leaving the show. One can only hope LOL.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dave was to become a 50/50 partner on that particular project. If I recall, that was the season they did pretty good. There is big news coming out about the show this Friday. I'm not 100% sure about this but I believe the Hoffman's may be leaving the show. One can only hope LOL.
Yes. Time will tell.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

A person of faith with the skill set to operate a D11 is someone I respect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread