Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Conspiracy To Keep Gold In The Ground....?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    341 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
    I believe they were written by some smart men in congress (unlike todays idiots) who had the mindset of encouraging exploration, expansion, developing resources, and creating jobs and wealth to further benefit a growing US. True capitalism maybe... the way it should be?? Unfortunately things have changed..........jmo
    Excellent points and this one could not point out any better. Thank you for posting oneguy.
    Maybe what has 'Changed' is the less bringing into view by uncovering, to lay bare, to reveal to knowledge, to free from secrecy or ignorance, or to make known in general.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    341 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    Well, at one point it was unlawful to help slaves escape. The laws aren't always written to help the people. In fact, they're usually written to help only the people who write them. That's why the rich are getting richer. One thing I've noticed in my 69 years is that people generally won't obey immoral laws. If the laws don't make sense, people don't obey them. A good example was Prohibition. Another was the 55mph speed limit. Good laws don't need much enforcement because people understand the necessity, and willingly do the right thing.
    Jim
    Yes this was more common in the days of a "Jury action". What was before adoption of "Federal Rules of Civil Procedure" was an "Action at Law" also known as a "Jury action". Today there is "Grand jury, petit jury, common jury, special jury, cororer's jury, sheriff's jury".
    Thanks for pointing this out Jim in Idaho.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    341 times
    Prospecting
    I read something a few years ago that said you could take a single rock/day, up to 250lbs/year, without a permit. As I recall it was a BLM rule. But rules change, and I have no idea what they are now, nor do I care.
    Jim
    Is appears that the "State of Idaho" is "Managing by direction or regulation" in regards to the "Rock collecting on Public Lands".

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    9527 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Here are two more valid counterpoints. The first is that the original mining laws were written by the miners themselves. The laws weren't written to protect the resources
    FOR the general public. They were written to protect the claimant FROM the general public. They didn't want just anybody to jump on their claim and remove resources that the claimant (by their hard work) had located. The laws of our country were always written that way. Look at water law, for example. In almost all cases the law says "first in use owns the rights to the water." The general public has no rights to the water.
    The second is the idea that removing items for PERSONAL USE somehow suggests that that personal use excludes sale of the item makes no sense. If my personal use includes trading that item for another item, or currency, why shoudn't I be able to do that? Unless the law specifically states that sale is forbidden, sale of the item is lawful. Unless the law specifically excludes sale, I'd be very surprised if you'd find a judge anywhere, except in the most liberal states, that would find you guilty of some crime for simply selling a small hunk of gold, or a pretty rock.
    Jim

Mining law was written by Congress.

It allowed "miners" to keep some of their traditions.

Yes, it was influence by those traditions.

What it really did was create fairness and prevent "miners" and "districts" from excluding.

The law does specifically say you can't sale unless you do certain things.

It always has since it's been law.

Most items from public lands are regulated the same way.

personal and commercial
    It isn't a hard jump from one to the other. It is spelled out pretty clearly.

People who are serious about it tend to not have an issue with it.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    341 times
    Prospecting
    "Location covers the workings of the prior locators" shall be minimized was a very common concern of miners of any "Open Mineral entry area / Districts".

us
    Aug 2017
    Central Oregon.
    228 times
    What I Mine IS MINE, Work smart, work hard, Be careful and enjoy yourself, Do Not let asshats from the Dot Gov. agency's get away with being AHOLES to you as they have too much power out there in the field and some could flat out use a Good Beating. That is if Nice does Not work. Always have a plan.....

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    341 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger450 View Post
    What I Mine IS MINE, Work smart, work hard, Be careful and enjoy yourself, Do Not let asshats from the Dot Gov. agency's get away with being AHOLES to you as they have too much power out there in the field and some could flat out use a Good Beating. That is if Nice does Not work. Always have a plan.....
    Yes working smart and hard is always a good idea. Having some background can help with the misinformed and even bull headed people as part of a plan.
    Last edited by Assembler; Feb 14, 2018 at 02:59 AM.

us
    Mar 2011
    200 times
    Are you the Cal Kellogg who is the editor to the Fish Sniffer magazine? And your managing editor is Dan Bacher ? Who by the way was (is) a strong advocate to shut down gold dredging?
    dredgernaut likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2115 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Mining law was written by Congress.

It allowed "miners" to keep some of their traditions.

Yes, it was influence by those traditions.

What it really did was create fairness and prevent "miners" and "districts" from excluding.

The law does specifically say you can't sale unless you do certain things.

It always has since it's been law.

Most items from public lands are regulated the same way.

personal and commercial
    It isn't a hard jump from one to the other. It is spelled out pretty clearly.

People who are serious about it tend to not have an issue with it.
    Yeah, I'm pretty serious, and I don't have an issue with it. I just ignore it.
    Jim

Feb 2018
    25 times
    Hey Calnatv...Yep I'm one of the owners of the Fish Sniffer Magazine... In my view every man is responsible for his own views. Dan has his views and I have mine. I am pro prospecting, pro dredging and pro liberty in the broad view. I've done a little writing about prospecting in the past and I also interviewed the head guy at the ASRA a while ago. One of the subjects we talked about was the Hands and Pans rules, but I got nowhere with him.....I've been prospecting for most of my life...I started going with my parents at a very young age....About the same time that I caught my first trout!

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    341 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal Kellogg View Post
    Hey Calnatv...Yep I'm one of the owners of the Fish Sniffer Magazine... In my view every man is responsible for his own views. Dan has his views and I have mine. I am pro prospecting, pro dredging and pro liberty in the broad view. I've done a little writing about prospecting in the past and I also interviewed the head guy at the ASRA a while ago. One of the subjects we talked about was the Hands and Pans rules, but I got nowhere with him.....I've been prospecting for most of my life...I started going with my parents at a very young age....About the same time that I caught my first trout!
    Thank you Cal Kellogg for making clear. Was wondering where the question was being directed to.
    dredgernaut and placertogo like this.

us
    Mar 2011
    200 times
    Right on Cal. I figured you didn't have anything to hide when you didn't try to hide your name. Tell Kathy Morgan I said hi. Tim Arbuckle

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    9527 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    how about an article thais about the benefits of dredging to fisheries and rivers in general.

like at least twice a year
    Aufisher and dredgernaut like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    341 times
    Prospecting
    Mention from time to time "An ordinance for ascertaining the mode of locating and disposing of lands in the western territory, and for other purposes therein mentioned", passed by the Continental Congress on the 20th of May 1785, and eight other Acts up to March 1849.
    If the readers interest is only about the waters may not be aware of the above Acts at all.
    Thanks.

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    232 times
    Prospecting
    At least here on the West coast just a few "internet" sites jumped on the wagon (they had to pick on groups that didn't have power or financial backing) so they might get people to clik on their "DONATE macros. Names like Bob Ferris pop into mind. I don't want to appear cold hearted but the State Senator Wiggins of Cal. is resting in peace, Oregon Senator Bates died from a heart attack (while cleaning fish he killed) and I personnally am waiting for the next one. Politicians in general tend not to wear worn out jeans (unless purchased that way) and develop calluses' but rather sniff out funding for their next re-election. I've mentioned this before about how for half my life pot was illegal but dredging was fine....follow the money...now pot is legal and dredging is illegal. Dang....I just can't avoid being an outlaw!!!!!! It won't be a fair playing field until judges are elected and not appointed, and NO tenure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links