Conspiracy To Keep Gold In The Ground....?

Cal Kellogg

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone...

I live in Foresthill, Ca. and I'm really beginning to scratch my head....I live in the heart of Gold Rush country and I love prospecting, but there is clearly a war on prospectors. The over reach of the ASRA is well documented on these pages and I've run across folks that have had problems with Forest Service people out in the Tahoe and Eldorado National Forests....

With restrictions on digging, even scrapping dirt out of a tiny crack and wide spread restrictions on metal detecting it is becoming clear to me that the government at local, state and federal levels is heavily invested in keeping the gold in the ground and is very concerned about the possibility of the public finding something that they can turn a profit on. Why????

Even prior to the ASRA imposing their latest hands and pans rule, they were very clear that if you found gold legally in the ASRA that you couldn't sell it ????? Like they would ever know right?

While Federal and State official are clearly anti sluicing and panning, it seems like metal detectors are especially hated....Again scratching my head....What could be less invasive than a guy walking around at the speed of cold motor oil, scrapping 3 inch deep holes in the woods....?

The ASRA is a prefect example of what I'm talking about....They encourage mountain biking and motorcycling....Both sports create massive erosion. They encourage rafting, which results in much trash deposited in the river (and clearly someone is turning a profit by exploiting the river). Heck they even allow Placer County to operate a police shooting range in the ASRA that they must lease out to other LEO organizations because at times I've seen upwards of 100 people shooting at the range, far more people than the Placer Co. Sheriff's office employs...Hundreds of shooters, maybe thousands annually....Tens of thousands of lead slugs going into the environment, yet I'm the bad guy with my sore back, bad knee and Gold Bug 2....?

Is there an anti prospecting conspiracy and if so why? Why is the government soooooo invested in keeping the gold in the ground....???????

Upvote 1

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The beds of navigable bodies of water are not public domain and are not subject to survey and disposal by the United States. The sovereignty is in the individual States.
There was little fluoride in the waters.

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One thing not mentioned yet is how easy it is to influence city dwellers (millions of them) with a laptop to absorb most things imaged to their heartstrings. And with none to more than none research fall for the "hook". Just send $19.00 a month to protect, feed, rehabillitate, etc. etc. Like I've posted before....I didn't choose to be a criminal, I just became one for using my own "what's right" mind-set. Once again ....... I love camo paint and have become pretty dang good at it. Falls my favorite time of year 'cause those big maple leaves fall from the trees and make for very good templates.
And cal kellogg I kinda figured that that thread would not be a shocking revelation...but just maybe have enough links to help form an editorial.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There should be enough material now for an editorial.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread