Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Conspiracy To Keep Gold In The Ground....?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2018
    27 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Conspiracy To Keep Gold In The Ground....?

Hello Everyone...

I live in Foresthill, Ca. and I'm really beginning to scratch my head....I live in the heart of Gold Rush country and I love prospecting, but there is clearly a war on prospectors. The over reach of the ASRA is well documented on these pages and I've run across folks that have had problems with Forest Service people out in the Tahoe and Eldorado National Forests....

With restrictions on digging, even scrapping dirt out of a tiny crack and wide spread restrictions on metal detecting it is becoming clear to me that the government at local, state and federal levels is heavily invested in keeping the gold in the ground and is very concerned about the possibility of the public finding something that they can turn a profit on. Why?

Even prior to the ASRA imposing their latest hands and pans rule, they were very clear that if you found gold legally in the ASRA that you couldn't sell it ?? Like they would ever know right?

While Federal and State official are clearly anti sluicing and panning, it seems like metal detectors are especially hated....Again scratching my head....What could be less invasive than a guy walking around at the speed of cold motor oil, scrapping 3 inch deep holes in the woods....?

The ASRA is a prefect example of what I'm talking about....They encourage mountain biking and motorcycling....Both sports create massive erosion. They encourage rafting, which results in much trash deposited in the river (and clearly someone is turning a profit by exploiting the river). Heck they even allow Placer County to operate a police shooting range in the ASRA that they must lease out to other LEO organizations because at times I've seen upwards of 100 people shooting at the range, far more people than the Placer Co. Sheriff's office employs...Hundreds of shooters, maybe thousands annually....Tens of thousands of lead slugs going into the environment, yet I'm the bad guy with my sore back, bad knee and Gold Bug 2....?

Is there an anti prospecting conspiracy and if so why? Why is the government soooooo invested in keeping the gold in the ground....?

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    Gold Bug Pro, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil,
    10328 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    your not legally allowed to sell any gold you find on public lands unless you have claim to it.

That's not a state law either.

some areas have commercial collection permits for certain things in certain areas.

There is nothing at the county level curtailing small scale prospecting.

Heck if you do it seasonally the county considers you recreational even on your own claim.

It isn't as bad as you are being told.

There are many great areas outside of ASRA that are better.

There are no anti sluicing laws

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10328 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    You can sell what you find on a lease or a claim or private property you have permission to be on and keep gold you find.

One of the few high end benefits of joining a club.

Any other benefits tend to be second tier or like Stowage Class even
    Arachnofreak likes this.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    9852 times
    Prospecting
    You can also get an inexpensive permit to commercially collect minerals (rock collecting includes gold of course) on federally managed public lands without a claim. Ask at your local ranger office. Just be sure to say “commercial rock collection permit”.
    Arachnofreak likes this.
    Learn where to dig in Colorado on my website www.findingGOLDinColorado.com

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10328 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    true but they limit you to value and it is not very much

F.s. has different permits and not everywhere does it.

BLM commercial prospecting permit is for non typical situations. And is basically a claim. the permit is by location.

There is no permit I know of that allows you to travel to collection areas as a commercial operation.

Can you share a link to your info Kevin
    Last edited by Goldwasher; Feb 12, 2018 at 01:20 PM.
    Arachnofreak likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    1346 times
    Prospecting
    It's all to stop climate change, preserve the ecosystems and to protect us from ourselves.

You aren't the victim of restrictions, you are the benefactor of a highly unregulated system. Can't have people prospecting or mding everywhere like anarchy. If you start allowing it now everyone will buy pans and detectors and the entire surface of the planet would be turned upside down. Prospect holes everywhere and tailings covering every town and kids getting hurt at playgrounds. The world would fall apart it's easy to see.

us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    1346 times
    Prospecting
    I read a guesstimate that for every gram of gold found in California approximately 5 fish die, two teenagers get pregnant and a unicorn loses its horn. It's something to be taken very serious.

us
    Mine President

Aug 2012
    325 times
    Gold Exploration
    News Alert : In some areas of the Sierra Nevada the yellow legged mountain frog are endangered & protected.
    Arachnofreak and Swaveab like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10328 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    notice no "commercial rock collecting permit"

https://www.blm.gov/services/electronic-forms

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10328 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    this is not a permit to collect rocks or gold and sell them from unclaimed ground

https://www.blm.gov/sites/blm.gov/fi...s_3510-001.pdf
    Arachnofreak likes this.

us
    Soakin' Up the Sunshine

Jun 2014
    Someplace Sunny, California
    Garrett Infinium LS
    216 times
    Prospecting
    To be honest... Its not just California or little agencies... Its actually a one of those hidden US foreign policies. Its the reason we BUY most of our oil and metals these days from other countries. Expend everyone else's natural resources FIRST. I REALLY wish it wasnt the case, but the more I look and think back to my time in school and college... I know I heard it during my educational years, and I'll never forget it, because it seemed so, selfish? But think about it... Why waste ours, when we can let everyone use theirs up first, and then when they're all gone, they have to come to us, still keeping the US at the top of the political hierarchy of the world.

Where's my foil hat at... I smell chem trails.
    mytimetoshine and regnad like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    8740 times
    Prospecting
    That's got to be one of the least successful conspiracies ever.

In 2016 the United States produced 209 tonnes of gold, worth about US$8.5 billion, and 6.7% of world production, making it the fourth-largest gold-producing nation on earth.

The US is a net exporter of gold.

Heavy Pans

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2370 times
    Prospecting
    So, if it's illegal to find gold on public lands and sell it, does that mean all the nugget hunters on public lands are breaking the law? If everybody that nugget hunts, or pans, or runs sluices, obeyed the law it would put a real dent in the sale of gold equipment....LOL I imagine the vast majority percentage of them are not working claimed, or private ground.
    jim
    Arachnofreak likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    440 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho View Post
    So, if it's illegal to find gold on public lands and sell it, does that mean all the nugget hunters on public lands are breaking the law? If everybody that nugget hunts, or pans, or runs sluices, obeyed the law it would put a real dent in the sale of gold equipment....LOL I imagine the vast majority percentage of them are not working claimed, or private ground.
    jim
    Just for fun here is the term "Finder" from Black's Law dictionary 4th ed. page 758:

One who discovers and takes possession of another's personal property, which was then lost........LOL.....LOL.
    So is this what is happening when one is out metal detecting?.......LOL
    Last edited by Assembler; Feb 12, 2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Arachnofreak likes this.

Apr 2016
    400 times
    How is it illegal to sell your gold, I know tons of people who have sold their gold they got from public land in nor cal?
    Arachnofreak likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links