1st Amendment Audit

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=1st+Amendment+Audit

Studing the contents of these videos listed may be of help when encountering LEOs (or someone trying to assert some authority they don't have) in the field while prospecting/mining. The videos without doubt, shows one not only needs to know the law and your rights, but to be able to assert them properly. And that my friends keeps many from experiencing jail and court.

Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is the idea to record what is being said and for education?
Thanks

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like it's to educate people on how not to give up the rights they have.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It seems like it's to educate people on how not to give up the rights they have.
Could also be some education on both sides for a lack of a better term. The saying "Don't roll over when confronted" also comes to mind.

hawkeye39

May 12, 2013
Surprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI SL
Whites GMT
GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Seems to me these folks are going out of their way to provoke confrontations. Maybe get a real job. "Audits", that is funny.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Be carefull when audio or videoing a LEO in some states !! Check the laws in your state to see if it's legal or not to record any duties of a LEO in that particular state.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be carefull when audio or videoing a LEO in some states !! Check the laws in your state to see if it's legal or not to record any duties of a LEO in that particular state.

pretty sure your always allowed to record cops whenever you want

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Agree with Goldwasher.... you should be able to as leo does it all the time? Had an incident 30+ yrs ago (resisting arrest) when I was a wild child. Served 1 yr of a 2 yr sentence after they played an audio tape of the incident to the judge.......

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I have a friend from Fla. that got into a mix with some L.E.O's in Oregon . A few of the people here know him and he got his dredge and equipment confiscated and sited . They gave him lots of trouble over his video camera was videoing the entire encounter!! it just happened to be recording and pointed in the L.E.O's direction at the time............:dontknow:

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I was a Probation and Parole Officer here in Maine for 35 years. My observation was that no one hates authority more than a cop who has authority used against him or her. In other words, most cops don’t feel the law applies to them.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was a Probation and Parole Officer here in Maine for 35 years. My observation was that no one hates authority more than a cop who has authority used against him or her. In other words, most cops don’t feel the law applies to them.
I find that interesting and sad at the same time !
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread