DAVE TURIN'S NEW MINE LOCATION

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This gold prospecting forum has turned into a Dave Turin wall of fame.

I always liked Dave's "character" more than most on the show. Id say the only real gold miner of the bunch on Toads crew is Freddy Dodge, without this guy the Hoffmsns would have been extinct seasons ago.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Yes, it seems to provoke controversy LOL. Keep up the great video work! Perhaps you will visit us on our mine this summer.

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toad announced on the last episode he's done mining so no one has to worry anymore.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Easy to sit on internet & call people names. I would rather live a positive life & be inspired to achieve. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave Turin punches like a girl...

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Yet another example of unproductive comments that I'm sure would not be made in a face to face conversation. This site is full of negativity. If you don't have something to contribute to my thread please refrain from posting. I would appreciate it as I am trying to keep things uplifting.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet another example of unproductive comments that I'm sure would not be made in a face to face conversation. This site is full of negativity. If you don't have something to contribute to my thread please refrain from posting. I would appreciate it as I am trying to keep things uplifting.

I like seeing interesting mining related posts, we've had "One" on this forum that posts and posts,
his posts on the Goldrush crew are like right out of Stargasm magazine, It's not you Ghostminer
right now I'm deep into Cabin fever, if I post short funny posts that's why and why others do, uplifting would be great.

just got'a add;
there are three types people.
The ones who make things happen.
The ones who wait for things to happen.
and The ones who wonder
what the hell just happened.
*Tony Beets :occasion14:

Last edited:

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a great saying winners.

Kinda reminds me of all these children NPR are airing to give us gun control advice haha.
They never cared until it happened to them and now they are experts!

Anyone that associates with gold Rush is going to have their abilities questioned.
Not a big deal for a real miner when the only person you have to please is yourself.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone that associates with gold Rush is going to have their abilities questioned.
Not a big deal for a real miner when the only person you have to please is yourself.

WHY, they are miners too, everyone starts somewhere, do you please yourself often...

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know that dude. Just speaking generally. If he invested his mining future in Hoffman he can't be that serious about it.
He could have just watched the first episode of gold Rush to know better haha.

Good luck to him if he can make it now!

Last edited:

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave is actually looking at three locations, one in northwest Nevada, one possibility in Montana, and another in Alaska. Nothing is totally confirmed but the Yerrington site is said to be in the permitting process. In the meantime, he's doing some ads and appearances for his sponsors and working his own family business in Oregon.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if I was permitted to post on ghostminers thread I would say

I bet it ends up on tv, or netflix etc.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respect the miner, not the tool. When you can smoke a cigar and mine at the same time there's something not right about that. Ask any 49er who came before you to show you where where the
goldfields are. johnnysau

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave is actually looking at three locations, one in northwest Nevada, one possibility in Montana, and another in Alaska. Nothing is totally confirmed but the Yerrington site is said to be in the permitting process. In the meantime, he's doing some ads and appearances for his sponsors and working his own family business in Oregon.

Yerrington isn't really Northern NV.

I know that area relatively well. Very low recorded placer production.

A lot of the deposits were discovered in the early 1930's

I'm actually looking at a couple spots near there.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be nice if the show was actually about Dave researching and prospecting for a good spot. Rather than production getting a couple spots bird dogged for them. Then settling based on what will be the best spot.

It is a very rare thing for Yerrington area to hit 117.. so rare it hasn't happened though in the cab of a cat it could be that hot. I say Yerrington cause it was mentioned. The guy in the vid said that day it would have had to be Vegas area.

Considering Gold Rush's' history about lying about their location. I wouldn't put it past production to film in one spot while calling it another.

It ruins the whole premise of "reality television"

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, please keep political comments out of thread.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yerrington isn't really Northern NV.

I know that area relatively well. Very low recorded placer production.

A lot of the deposits were discovered in the early 1930's

I'm actually looking at a couple spots near there.

Since Yerrington is only 50-75 miles southeast of Carson city, and I'm 50-60 miles northwest of there, I consider it part of northwestern Nevada. A for the location someone posted it rarely reaches 117* there, which is true but lets not forget Dave does a lot of Promo work for CAT and other sponsors, and some of that was while he was in Las Vegas for a big equipment trade show. A far as the locations I mentioned, they came straight from Dave. He didn't pass on much info about Montana or Alaska, but Yerrington is a for sure. He wants a place he can operate in the winter months as well as a limited season.

mikep691

Aug 6, 2015
Northeastern Sierra's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can also add, while I'm not privy to his personal plans, He has stated that since he is/was still under contract to Gold Rush, he had no immediate plans for a show of his own or joining Gold Rush as an independent operation. Time ill tell...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread