Talk it up everywhere..... IT WORKS!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a big proponent of talking up this hobby. I tell my UPS driver Eddie, my pharmacist Henry, my doctor Gary and others. He is brand new to this addiction (doctor, addiction, get it?) He wants me to help him start finding "da gold". My God, he's older than I and is bent over like a "j". Sure, I'll help him. I first suggested logging in to Tnet for gobs of good ideas from thousands that will also help. We talked of sluices, highbankers, detectors, and other gold stuff. I guess I will have to schedule another hour to talk of my physical problems! He is excited. I am spreading "the word" one friend at a time. Talk it up! ╦╦Ç

Upvote 0

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold can make an old man young and a fat man skinny!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely Terry! The more doors opened,the more opportunity will present itself! I blabber to anyone who will listen...without being a pest of course...:laughing7:

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Terry,
I try to do the gold talk whenever I can. I even teach prospecting classes twice a year through the Black Hills Community Education program. They are three two hour classes with a day field trip at the end to a claim for the students to do what they learned. My next class will start mid-March. It is sure a lot of fun.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gold can make an old man young and a fat man skinny!

The work involved can also make a young man old very quickly too. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B H P, I used to keep police and then civilians alive through firearms instruction

DSC00495.JPG

Now, it is through map and compass instruction. ╦╦Ç

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noticed that card is signed by Charles Bronson..go figure!!! HA!

Ha ha! Never noticed that. I'll bet he loves the connection. Good observation. ╦╦Ç

BobM

Feb 7, 2016
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I change my email and voicemail when I go on vacation to say that I will be in the mountains prospecting, and have spotty reception, I'll check my missed calls back at the hotel at night.
All my customers and people I deal with know about my prospecting hobby, and several have asked how to do it, The best is I'm in Michigan and they are surprised to learn there is Gold in our state.

When I'm back I carry a vile of gold and rough gems to show them, makes for great conversation.

Bob M

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’ve organized the Finding Gold in Colorado Facebook group which some of you (and over 2,100 people) are in. The group members have helped lots of newbies get connected with CO prospectors and get started after meeting in the group . I’m also doing a presentation on gold prospecting at a local library this spring (for $$!). Oh, and there’s my website, which gets about 12,000 page views a month now and helps lots of new folks discover the joy of panning ;) in Colorado. Its even at the top of some google searches so that says something.

So...yeah, I’m doing what I can :)

Next up, the book [emoji433]!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's great, Kev! You're a STAR. And I'm a fan. Git 'r dun, my friend! Terry

(Just been to your website. It is now bookmarked for further study!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I change my email and voicemail when I go on vacation to say that I will be in the mountains prospecting, and have spotty reception, I'll check my missed calls back at the hotel at night.
All my customers and people I deal with know about my prospecting hobby, and several have asked how to do it, The best is I'm in Michigan and they are surprised to learn there is Gold in our state.

When I'm back I carry a vile of gold and rough gems to show them, makes for great conversation.

Bob M

That's an idea! Carry a vile of gold. Who would NOT want to discuss my gold if I were just looking at it. They would be starting the conversation. I wouldn't have to say a thing to start. ╦╦Ç

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Careful! The cops might think it's a crack vial, and do an administrative forfeiture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread