Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: New Bill in California

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    480 times
    Prospecting
    There's been allot of water under the bridge but didn' the first bill (sb670 maybe) make it illegal to have a suction nozzle within the bounderies. It would be nice to highbank legally again but if nozzles are banned you would be restricted to buckets and shovels. Perhaps a small win but in the long run I'd rather see at the very least to allow motorized/jet nozzled highbankers back on the scene.
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    480 times
    Prospecting
    Does this mean that the "motorized" 100 yard restriction be resended:

13172.5. (a) For purposes of this section, the use of any vacuum or suction dredge equipment, also known as suction dredging, is the use of a mechanized or motorized system for removing or assisting in the removal of, or the processing of, material from the bed, bank, or channel of a river, stream, or lake in order to equipment means the use of any equipment that removes minerals and water in conjunction to process and recover minerals. This section does not apply to, prohibit, or otherwise restrict nonmotorized recreational mining activities, including panning for gold. any equipment that does not transport mineral bearing material through a suction or nozzle.

This would open up once again the use of small washplants within that 100yd area.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10925 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Eric we all know that a hand dredge isn't a dredge and my "opinion" is obviously 637 didn't outlaw them. Though you never know what someone will say in the field.

I personally am willing to risk a run in though I understand why some one wouldn't. I'm willing to risk a run in with more than a pvc sucker though so well...

In regards to the wording and potential affect on currently "legal" activities, I promise this feed back has already been passed on and anymore will be also.

The people doing this in are in no way trying to affect anything already unaffected by sb637. They are open to feedback.

Baby steps, thanks for the input
    RobertF and mytimetoshine like this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10925 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
    There's been allot of water under the bridge but didn' the first bill (sb670 maybe) make it illegal to have a suction nozzle within the bounderies. It would be nice to highbank legally again but if nozzles are banned you would be restricted to buckets and shovels. Perhaps a small win but in the long run I'd rather see at the very least to allow motorized/jet nozzled highbankers back on the scene.
    Even before sb sb637 a hibanker combo was considered a dredge if it was used instream. Though a "powersluice" could be run instream fed with a shovel with no permit.

Go figure

I think they hate hoses, lol
    russau and mytimetoshine like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    444 times
    Prospecting
    The exact wording of the usury "Permit":
    the department shall issue a permit upon the payment, in the case of a resident, of a base fee of twenty-five dollars ($25), as adjusted under Section 713, when an onsite investigation of the project size is not deemed necessary by the department, and a base fee of one hundred thirty dollars ($130), as adjusted under Section 713, when the department deems that an onsite investigation is necessary. Except as provided in paragraph (2), in the case of a nonresident, the base fee shall be one hundred dollars ($100), as adjusted under Section 713, when an onsite investigation is not deemed necessary, and a base fee of two hundred twenty dollars ($220), as adjusted under Section 713, when an onsite investigation is deemed necessary.
    (2) The department may adjust the base fees for a permit described in this subdivision to an amount sufficient to cover all reasonable costs of the department in regulating suction dredging activities.
    (e) It is unlawful to possess a vacuum or suction dredge in areas, or in or within 100 yards of waters, that are closed to the use of vacuum or suction dredges.
    There appears to be no cap in the above wording for the "Administration fees" to cover all reasonable costs of the department in regulating suction dredging.
    Last edited by Assembler; Mar 07, 2018 at 01:25 AM.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10925 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    there appears to be no end to how much non related nonsense you will post

go back to the hard rock forum and talk to yourself no one cares what you have to say
    winners58 and Reed Lukens like this.

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3499 times
    Maybe the dredge description may have to keep the "motorized" but could be changed to "when used within the active waterway"
    to distinguish between off-stream like into a settling pond and in-stream.
    Last edited by winners58; Mar 07, 2018 at 02:23 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3499 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    Not to high jack, but additional legislative efforts going on.
    Any constructive comments on this?

https://www.icmj.com/magazine/articl...endment-3791//
    HR 520 National Strategic and Critical Minerals act just passed in the house natural resources committee 3/7/18
    No mater how well written these proposed amendments are, This needs to get passed not loaded down, that's what MMAC tried before.

on a side side note MMAC has not made much money selling protection? and some of the top people have went back to working at mining?
    and MMAC is going to form a 501(c)(6) for lobbying? I didn't really like the way it was setup before. (dog & pony show *cough *cough)
    Last edited by winners58; Mar 07, 2018 at 02:25 PM.
    " A pessimist is an optimist with experience "

us
    Sep 2013
    Motherlode, CA
    Gold Bug Pro
    939 times
    Anyone in Stockton or surrounding areas, Shannon Poe will be speaking on SB 1222 at the Delta Gold Diggers meeting tonight. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm. I invite one and all to attend. The meeting is at the Eagles Hall on Bourbon St. in Stockton. Might be standing room only for this one but I think it will be worth it. If you decide to come, I would like to meet each of you to put a face and name to your user name.

Mike
    Outings/Claims Coordinator

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    480 times
    Prospecting
    Be sure to point out this thread. Thanks

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    3028 times
    Soo when people talk about gravity dredging legally they were wrong? Or did that just recently change?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10925 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    no its legal.

the worry brought up in the thread is that the new bill wording would make it illegal.

Because of the transporting of water and material through the hose with suction.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Mar 2016
    1661 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    there appears to be no end to how much non related nonsense you will post

go back to the hard rock forum and talk to yourself no one cares what you have to say
    THIS adds nothing to the discussion. Hopefully you can see that.
    I understand you have your reasons, but it comes off rude as hell.

When I attend these “public input” meetings, I always look around to take in all of the different types of people STANDING NEXT TO ME. I’m always surprised at the large spectrum of people. As you are aware the majority of, if not all, the people in the audience are fighting to protect the same thing. If someone stands up at the mike and starts talking about something off topic, I listen for 3 minutes and move on.

———————
    Back on point. These two pieces of legislation are working at the state AND federal levels.
    Given the current state of affairs, I have optimism at the federal level, which is saying a bunch. If there was ever a time, it’s now.
    Not to lessen the importance of the state proposal. Need to keep at it on all fronts, even the county level.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Mar 07, 2018 at 11:04 PM.
    Goldwasher likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    THIS adds nothing to the discussion. Hopefully you can see that.
    I understand you have your reasons, but it comes off rude as hell.

When I attend these “public input” meetings, I always look around to take in all of the different types of people STANDING NEXT TO ME. I’m always surprised at the large spectrum of people.
    Why post the link to the wording used when there will be little to no discussion about the terms used in the link. Just support it without reading it.
    Thanks

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1847 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Assembler View Post
    Why post the link to the wording used when there will be little to no discussion about the terms used in the link. Just support it without reading it.
    Thanks
    Yeah but what someone keeps posting like this, itís like a sliver in the hand.. you can only take so much until your fed up and doing sumthing about it.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links