New Bill in California

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the guy who lobbied the Senator to to help craft this bill

He is the guy GoldenMojo and I rafted with early summer I posted a thread.

He used to lobby for the building trades got the fever. I sold him a used bazooka at my shop. We hit it off.

I introduced him to Shannon Poe. He has decided to start his own firm and lobby for small scale miners

PRO BONO!!!!!

Your welcome

Some typos and wording I'm gonna give him feed back on. It is nice to see some proactive work being done at the capitol on our behalf.

Bill Text - SB-1222 Use of vacuum or suction dredge equipment.

Please call your Congressman and tell them you want them to support this Bill

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the dredge description may have to keep the "motorized" but could be changed to "when used within the active waterway"
to distinguish between off-stream like into a settling pond and in-stream.

Last edited:

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to high jack, but additional legislative efforts going on.
Any constructive comments on this?

https://www.icmj.com/magazine/article/plp-to-address-needs-of-small-miners-with-proposed-amendment-3791//

HR 520 National Strategic and Critical Minerals act just passed in the house natural resources committee 3/7/18
No mater how well written these proposed amendments are, This needs to get passed not loaded down, that's what MMAC tried before.

on a side side note MMAC has not made much money selling protection? and some of the top people have went back to working at mining?
and MMAC is going to form a 501(c)(6) for lobbying? I didn't really like the way it was setup before. (dog & pony show *cough *cough)

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Anyone in Stockton or surrounding areas, Shannon Poe will be speaking on SB 1222 at the Delta Gold Diggers meeting tonight. The meeting starts at 7:00 pm. I invite one and all to attend. The meeting is at the Eagles Hall on Bourbon St. in Stockton. Might be standing room only for this one but I think it will be worth it. If you decide to come, I would like to meet each of you to put a face and name to your user name.

Mike
Outings/Claims Coordinator

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soo when people talk about gravity dredging legally they were wrong? Or did that just recently change?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no its legal.

the worry brought up in the thread is that the new bill wording would make it illegal.

Because of the transporting of water and material through the hose with suction.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there appears to be no end to how much non related nonsense you will post

go back to the hard rock forum and talk to yourself no one cares what you have to say

THIS adds nothing to the discussion. Hopefully you can see that.
I understand you have your reasons, but it comes off rude as hell.

When I attend these “public input” meetings, I always look around to take in all of the different types of people STANDING NEXT TO ME. I’m always surprised at the large spectrum of people. As you are aware the majority of, if not all, the people in the audience are fighting to protect the same thing. If someone stands up at the mike and starts talking about something off topic, I listen for 3 minutes and move on.

———————
Back on point. These two pieces of legislation are working at the state AND federal levels.
Given the current state of affairs, I have optimism at the federal level, which is saying a bunch. If there was ever a time, it’s now.
Not to lessen the importance of the state proposal. Need to keep at it on all fronts, even the county level.

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

When I attend these “public input” meetings, I always look around to take in all of the different types of people STANDING NEXT TO ME. I’m always surprised at the large spectrum of people.
Why post the link to the wording used when there will be little to no discussion about the terms used in the link. Just support it without reading it.
Thanks

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why post the link to the wording used when there will be little to no discussion about the terms used in the link. Just support it without reading it.
Thanks

Yeah but what someone keeps posting like this, it’s like a sliver in the hand.. you can only take so much until your fed up and doing sumthing about it.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah but what someone keeps posting like this, it’s like a sliver in the hand.. you can only take so much until your fed up and doing sumthing about it.
Pointing out some wording that not everyone is aware of is a part of a two way discussion. The doing something about it can be helped out by knowledge or information. Let the people decide for them self's.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I attend these “public input” meetings, I always look around to take in all of the different types of people STANDING NEXT TO ME. I’m always surprised at the large spectrum of people. As you are aware the majority of, if not all, the people in the audience are fighting to protect the same thing. If someone stands up at the mike and starts talking about something off topic, I listen for 3 minutes and move on.

———————
Back on point. These two pieces of legislation are working at the state AND federal levels.
Given the current state of affairs, I have optimism at the federal level, which is saying a bunch. If there was ever a time, it’s now.
Not to lessen the importance of the state proposal. Need to keep at it on all fronts, even the county level.

The "one" you are concerned of offending can not be "stood next to"

offending an algorithm is not on my list of concerns

just sayin................

also this thread is about a state senate bill as far as the feds are concerned.....uh um actually they by law they aren't

if what the federal gov. had to say was being followed this thread wouldn't exist

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pointing out

something

something

something

honestly look at the hard rock section its ridiculous

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
also this thread is about a state senate bill as far as the feds are concerned.....uh um actually they by law they aren't

if what the federal gov. had to say was being followed this thread wouldn't exist
Good discussion point for people to point out all of the issues in the Bill other then 'Nozzles'.
Thanks.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“if what the federal gov. had to say was being followed this thread wouldn't exist”

True. I realize the jurisdiction issue has been recently litigated.

Having the federal law written to be specific to dredging wouldn’t be a bad thing. Might help other states. But I realize this is a California specific thread and I didn’t want to hi-jack.

Currently there is a conflict brewing regarding state laws which are intended to interfere with federal laws. I guess we will see where that goes.

Re-wording the California state law so people are clearly not at risk when operating non-dredging related motorized equipment along the river IS a step forward if it were to pass.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest naming the bill something that is either unrelated or the opposite of what is being attempted.
Seems to be a successful tactic. I’m being serious.
This proposal would further strengthen environmental protections by clarifying ambiguous wording in the current law.

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Enough of the BS and back to the point, SB1222. Shannon Poe is currently working on the AMRA website to provide the language of the bill and email links to the senators that will be directly involved in moving this bill forward. Shannon, whether you like him or not, is asking all miners to send a simple email to each and every senator letting the senators know we (the miners) are in support of this bill. This bill has just been entered. There are many stages to go through before finalizing, including ammendments to the bill. Shannon is already aware of the information in this thread as I gave it to him last night. So what do you say we quit fighting amongst ourselves and put our efforts as a joined mining community and start sending emails to our senators. Shannon is going to contact me directly when he is done and I will post the link.

Mike

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
QNCRAZY
Discouraging to say the least.. I just saw Amra' recent video in regards to this topic... though it was immediately taken back down.. I didn't realize that so many things were now outlawed here in California.. Seriously the way some of these groups sell sb637 it makes one believe that's all of Cali is Hands and Pans. I suppose these new interpretations only effect small scale miners? Though larger scale mining operations are somehow immune to these interpretations? I know individuals who partake in different types of mining and on different scales and the absurdity of these interpretations and that fact that they are most certainly perpetrated and taught enforced by mining activists is the icing on the cake.. I have never heard of SB637 bein used for anything other then dredging.. Nor am I aware of any charges or equipment confiscated due to some leo's interpretation.. Not a highbanker .. not a generator to run a light so you can paintbrush out a crack in the desert at night because its to hot during the day.. The bold is Shannon poe words from his enlightening video.. Hopefully he can manage to pull his head out of his arse for his next vid. Scare tactics? trying to drum up support and encourage mining by telling people all things they might not be able to do? even though there aint a shred of evidence to support all these claims about how the LEO's or whoever's clever might interpret something?

I say enough to the BS as well.. Its sad that you guys interpreted yourselves into not bein allowed to do anything mining related its even sadder that you guys go around selling your BS to others!!
Gentlemen enjoy your circle jerk I got some prospecting and mining to do..

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would suggest naming the bill something that is either unrelated or the opposite of what is being attempted.
Seems to be a successful tactic. I’m being serious.
This proposal would further strengthen environmental protections by clarifying ambiguous wording in the current law.
The ambiguous wording may be part of the plan and could be part of the 'Crafting'. Time will tell.
Keep everyone posted. Thanks.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
QNCRAZY
Discouraging to say the least.. I just saw Amra' recent video in regards to this topic... though it was immediately taken back down.. I didn't realize that so many things were now outlawed here in California.. Seriously the way some of these groups sell sb637 it makes one believe that's all of Cali is Hands and Pans. I suppose these new interpretations only effect small scale miners? Though larger scale mining operations are somehow immune to these interpretations? I know individuals who partake in different types of mining and on different scales and the absurdity of these interpretations and that fact that they are most certainly perpetrated and taught enforced by mining activists is the icing on the cake.. I have never heard of SB637 bein used for anything other then dredging.. Nor am I aware of any charges or equipment confiscated due to some leo's interpretation.. Not a highbanker .. not a generator to run a light so you can paintbrush out a crack in the desert at night because its to hot during the day.. The bold is Shannon poe words from his enlightening video.. Hopefully he can manage to pull his head out of his arse for his next vid. Scare tactics? trying to drum up support and encourage mining by telling people all things they might not be able to do? even though there aint a shred of evidence to support all these claims about how the LEO's or whoever's clever might interpret something?

I say enough to the BS as well.. Its sad that you guys interpreted yourselves into not bein allowed to do anything mining related its even sadder that you guys go around selling your BS to others!!
Gentlemen enjoy your circle jerk I got some prospecting and mining to do..
Not everyone is mining in California so your experiences / viewpoints are well appreciated. Just trying to follow some of the wording used. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread