Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: New Bill in California

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    Yeah but what someone keeps posting like this, it’s like a sliver in the hand.. you can only take so much until your fed up and doing sumthing about it.
    Pointing out some wording that not everyone is aware of is a part of a two way discussion. The doing something about it can be helped out by knowledge or information. Let the people decide for them self's.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10512 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    THIS adds nothing to the discussion. Hopefully you can see that.
    I understand you have your reasons, but it comes off rude as hell.

When I attend these public input meetings, I always look around to take in all of the different types of people STANDING NEXT TO ME. Im always surprised at the large spectrum of people. As you are aware the majority of, if not all, the people in the audience are fighting to protect the same thing. If someone stands up at the mike and starts talking about something off topic, I listen for 3 minutes and move on.

Back on point. These two pieces of legislation are working at the state AND federal levels.
    Given the current state of affairs, I have optimism at the federal level, which is saying a bunch. If there was ever a time, its now.
    Not to lessen the importance of the state proposal. Need to keep at it on all fronts, even the county level.
    The "one" you are concerned of offending can not be "stood next to"

offending an algorithm is not on my list of concerns

just sayin................

also this thread is about a state senate bill as far as the feds are concerned.....uh um actually they by law they aren't

if what the federal gov. had to say was being followed this thread wouldn't exist
    Asmbandits likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10512 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    pointing out

something

something

something

honestly look at the hard rock section its ridiculous

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post

also this thread is about a state senate bill as far as the feds are concerned.....uh um actually they by law they aren't

if what the federal gov. had to say was being followed this thread wouldn't exist
    Good discussion point for people to point out all of the issues in the Bill other then 'Nozzles'.
    Thanks.

Mar 2016
    1380 times
    “if what the federal gov. had to say was being followed this thread wouldn't exist”

True. I realize the jurisdiction issue has been recently litigated.

Having the federal law written to be specific to dredging wouldn’t be a bad thing. Might help other states. But I realize this is a California specific thread and I didn’t want to hi-jack.

Currently there is a conflict brewing regarding state laws which are intended to interfere with federal laws. I guess we will see where that goes.

Re-wording the California state law so people are clearly not at risk when operating non-dredging related motorized equipment along the river IS a step forward if it were to pass.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Mar 08, 2018 at 08:10 AM.
    Goldwasher likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

Mar 2016
    1380 times
    I would suggest naming the bill something that is either unrelated or the opposite of what is being attempted.
    Seems to be a successful tactic. I’m being serious.
    This proposal would further strengthen environmental protections by clarifying ambiguous wording in the current law.
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Mar 08, 2018 at 08:23 AM.
    Assembler likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Sep 2013
    Motherlode, CA
    Gold Bug Pro
    935 times
    Enough of the BS and back to the point, SB1222. Shannon Poe is currently working on the AMRA website to provide the language of the bill and email links to the senators that will be directly involved in moving this bill forward. Shannon, whether you like him or not, is asking all miners to send a simple email to each and every senator letting the senators know we (the miners) are in support of this bill. This bill has just been entered. There are many stages to go through before finalizing, including ammendments to the bill. Shannon is already aware of the information in this thread as I gave it to him last night. So what do you say we quit fighting amongst ourselves and put our efforts as a joined mining community and start sending emails to our senators. Shannon is going to contact me directly when he is done and I will post the link.

Mike
    winners58 likes this.

us
    Mad Marshall

Nov 2012
    na
    1631 times
    Prospecting
    QNCRAZY
    Discouraging to say the least.. I just saw Amra' recent video in regards to this topic... though it was immediately taken back down.. I didn't realize that so many things were now outlawed here in California.. Seriously the way some of these groups sell sb637 it makes one believe that's all of Cali is Hands and Pans. I suppose these new interpretations only effect small scale miners? Though larger scale mining operations are somehow immune to these interpretations? I know individuals who partake in different types of mining and on different scales and the absurdity of these interpretations and that fact that they are most certainly perpetrated and taught enforced by mining activists is the icing on the cake.. I have never heard of SB637 bein used for anything other then dredging.. Nor am I aware of any charges or equipment confiscated due to some leo's interpretation.. Not a highbanker .. not a generator to run a light so you can paintbrush out a crack in the desert at night because its to hot during the day.. The bold is Shannon poe words from his enlightening video.. Hopefully he can manage to pull his head out of his arse for his next vid. Scare tactics? trying to drum up support and encourage mining by telling people all things they might not be able to do? even though there aint a shred of evidence to support all these claims about how the LEO's or whoever's clever might interpret something?

I say enough to the BS as well.. Its sad that you guys interpreted yourselves into not bein allowed to do anything mining related its even sadder that you guys go around selling your BS to others!!
    Gentlemen enjoy your circle jerk I got some prospecting and mining to do..

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post
    I would suggest naming the bill something that is either unrelated or the opposite of what is being attempted.
    Seems to be a successful tactic. I’m being serious.
    This proposal would further strengthen environmental protections by clarifying ambiguous wording in the current law.
    The ambiguous wording may be part of the plan and could be part of the 'Crafting'. Time will tell.
    Keep everyone posted. Thanks.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMarshall View Post
    QNCRAZY
    Discouraging to say the least.. I just saw Amra' recent video in regards to this topic... though it was immediately taken back down.. I didn't realize that so many things were now outlawed here in California.. Seriously the way some of these groups sell sb637 it makes one believe that's all of Cali is Hands and Pans. I suppose these new interpretations only effect small scale miners? Though larger scale mining operations are somehow immune to these interpretations? I know individuals who partake in different types of mining and on different scales and the absurdity of these interpretations and that fact that they are most certainly perpetrated and taught enforced by mining activists is the icing on the cake.. I have never heard of SB637 bein used for anything other then dredging.. Nor am I aware of any charges or equipment confiscated due to some leo's interpretation.. Not a highbanker .. not a generator to run a light so you can paintbrush out a crack in the desert at night because its to hot during the day.. The bold is Shannon poe words from his enlightening video.. Hopefully he can manage to pull his head out of his arse for his next vid. Scare tactics? trying to drum up support and encourage mining by telling people all things they might not be able to do? even though there aint a shred of evidence to support all these claims about how the LEO's or whoever's clever might interpret something?

I say enough to the BS as well.. Its sad that you guys interpreted yourselves into not bein allowed to do anything mining related its even sadder that you guys go around selling your BS to others!!
    Gentlemen enjoy your circle jerk I got some prospecting and mining to do..
    Not everyone is mining in California so your experiences / viewpoints are well appreciated. Just trying to follow some of the wording used. Thanks.

Claim owner

May 2017
    southern mines area mother load
    AT gold, Bazooka, any gold pan will do
    32 times
    who cares about highbanking in a stream anymore? I can do the same amount of work with bazooka and dont have to lift my shovel as high to feed the banker or buy gas and related breakdown expenses lol.......... I would rather worry about getting the dredging permitted than worry about high banking flour gold in the mother load..... that being said, here is a different angle no ones talking about- I would love to run a highbanker on the beaches of california so put that wording in the bill please!!!!!

is my clam gun a suction dredge? lol too much acid shut down my dredge these past years ......
    Last edited by Garrote Gold; Mar 08, 2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Assembler likes this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrote Gold View Post
    who cares about highbanking in a stream anymore? I can do the same amount of work with bazooka and dont have to lift my shovel as high to feed the banker or buy gas and related breakdown expenses lol.......... I would rather worry about getting the dredging permitted than worry about high banking flour gold in the mother load..... that being said, here is a different angle no ones talking about- I would love to run a highbanker on the beaches of california so put that wording in the bill please!!!!!
    Please keep everyone updated on this. This may also down the road apply to say Oregon and Washington cost lands as well.
    Thanks

Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    472 times
    Prospecting
    Instream power sluicing has its place, not every location is ideally suited for running a stream sluice. I like running my highbanker high up on the bank. Cali beach highbanking that does sound fun.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2918 times
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    Instream power sluicing has its place, not every location is ideally suited for running a stream sluice. I like running my highbanker high up on the bank. Cali beach highbanking that does sound fun.
    id rather highbank the delta...thats where all the gold is. Not much reached the ocean here. Too bad its DEEP
    N-Lionberger likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

Charter Member
    us
    Mine President, XPBC

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Rocker boxes, Keene sluices, Bazooka sluice, 2.5", 4" lowbankers, highbankers. Witch Sticks.
    472 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    id rather highbank the delta...thats where all the gold is. Not much reached the ocean here. Too bad its DEEP
    There are a couple spots where good gold can be found, one of them sadly is in SF and in a national recreation area where you can't even run a detector for lost change, which fingerchile or whatever his name was pointed out. Another spot which is where I really really want to beach mine is up north where the Klamath spills into the ocean. I have a friend from high school whos dad heavily invested and lost in a gold dredging operation on the delta, if I remember correctly on Decker Island, the money was supposed to go into a big bucket ladder dredge or something it was all a big scam. I do think about the delta quite a bit, there has to be quite a bit of fines in there. You would need a power sluice with beach matting I would think, snowballs chance in hell a bazooka sluice would be affective on the delta lol.
    Last edited by N-Lionberger; Mar 08, 2018 at 05:56 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links