Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: New Bill in California

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10511 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

New Bill in California

I know the guy who lobbied the Senator to to help craft this bill

He is the guy GoldenMojo and I rafted with early summer I posted a thread.

He used to lobby for the building trades got the fever. I sold him a used bazooka at my shop. We hit it off.

I introduced him to Shannon Poe. He has decided to start his own firm and lobby for small scale miners

PRO BONO!!!!!

Your welcome

Some typos and wording I'm gonna give him feed back on. It is nice to see some proactive work being done at the capitol on our behalf.

Bill Text - SB-1222 Use of vacuum or suction dredge equipment.

Please call your Congressman and tell them you want them to support this Bill
    ratled, ALewis, winners58 and 16 others like this.

us
    Apr 2014
    SW Oregon
    417 times
    Prospecting
    What the heck does this bill do to help remove gold on established claims??/
    "This bill would instead provide that the above-described prohibitions and requirements do not apply to, prohibit, or otherwise restrict any equipment that does not transport mineral bearing material through a suction or nozzle."
    Assembler and Goldwasher like this.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
    "This bill would instead provide that the above-described prohibitions and requirements do not apply to, prohibit, or otherwise restrict any equipment that does not transport mineral bearing material through a suction or nozzle."
    By pass the "Mineral deposit / claims / location process" and "Administrate by permission papers" for all dredging.

us
    Jan 2011
    Bakersfield, CA
    108 times
    Prospecting
    Current SB637 wording makes any use of a motor around a creekbed illegal if used for mining, including highbanking, and supposedly at least one drywasher has been harassed under it. The state decided they'd redefine what suction dredging meant to fit what they wanted.

This new bill, SB1222 would make the suction dredging bill apply to just that, suction dredges. So dredging would still be illegal for the time being, pending the permits, but highbanking would be back on.
    -Robert

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by winners58 View Post
    Attachment 1559784
    The Underwater Power Sluice that Jay Myers designed. Photo: Jim Yerby
    RIP Jay Myers
    By passing the nozzle is one good idea that has not been talked about very much. Thanks Winners58.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertF View Post
    Current SB637 wording makes any use of a motor around a creekbed illegal if used for mining, including highbanking, and supposedly at least one drywasher has been harassed under it. The state decided they'd redefine what suction dredging meant to fit what they wanted.

This new bill, SB1222 would make the suction dredging bill apply to just that, suction dredges. So dredging would still be illegal for the time being, pending the permits, but highbanking would be back on.
    This one is now up on this topic. Thanks for pointing this out to everyone RobertF. Under the creekbed is a different matter.

Mar 2016
    1380 times
    Not to high jack, but additional legislative efforts going on.
    Any constructive comments on this?

https://www.icmj.com/magazine/articl...endment-3791//
    Last edited by IMAUDIGGER; Mar 05, 2018 at 11:17 PM.
    Assembler likes this.
    All treasures found with permission on private property or on active mining claims.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post

Constructive comments can come to light when the wording comes out that is being used. Thanks for the interesting link and keep us updated.

Oct 2013
    western sahara
    673 times
    so if this bill passes,gravity dredging would be illegal?
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    Jan 2011
    Bakersfield, CA
    108 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post
    Yes, the material still passes through a nozzle.
    spaghettigold likes this.
    -Robert

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10511 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by spaghettigold View Post

I will be speaking with the lobbyist. The wording will get changed. I caught that too. its a mistaken way of wording it.
    spaghettigold likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10511 times
    Banner Finds (1)

As the bill is worded now it is being used nad passed down by agencies and their LEO's that any form of motorized mining is prohibited.

This bill is to put in law a clarification that a dredge is a dredge and a hibanker,crackvac, drywasher isn't.

We shouldn't have to clarify as we know what a dredge is. BUT... this is the way the other side restricts things.

Its like banning laser guns..... then saying in the law that a Laser gun is any thing that has a barrel and a trigger.

Theres a reason the definition of what a "dredge" is was changed at the last minute when sb 637 was being passed through commities

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    10511 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMAUDIGGER View Post

No hijack.. good info.

Much better than any contribution assembler is going to make in this thread....so annoying

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2917 times
    Legalese is not one of my strengths. Pertaining to existing laws and the "new bill", .. does the regulation or "ban" on suction dredging mean all miming through a nozel even if it man or nature powered? My understanding is sucker tubes are currently ok even thought they do the same thing as a "dredge" albeit on a much smaller scale and gravity fed larger systems were acceptable?
    The reason i ask is i have designs for a prototype that im hoping is currently legal under existing law. Im trying to walk a fine line and i need better understanding of our existing tyrannical laws.
    Last edited by mytimetoshine; Mar 06, 2018 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    Hardrock prospector

May 2017
    Middle Oregon
    444 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimetoshine View Post
    Legalese is not one of my strengths. Pertaining to existing laws and the "new bill", .. does the regulation or "ban" on suction dredging mean all miming through a nozel even if it man or nature powered? My understanding is sucker tubes are currently ok even thought they do the same thing as a "dredge" albeit on a much smaller scale and gravity fed larger systems were ?
    The reason i ask is i have deaigns for a prototype that im hoping is currently legal under existing law. Im trying to walk a fine line and i need better understanding of exisisting our existing tyrannical laws.
    This may be answered by what ever wording comes out to start with. Maybe there will be wording to the effect of volume of water. Time will tell.
    mytimetoshine likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links