Permits for AK?

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking for the permits required for my Alaska trip. I looked into the permit for the Department of Revenue and found that I don't need a permit for exploration, which is our primary mission ( locate and post claims). The APMA doesn't seem to apply yet. We would be panning and running gold traps to determine extent and value of the deposit. I do have to find ground worth building 30 miles of road required for mine development. We would be about 3 miles upstream of the furthest known extent of salmon in the stream, so I don't think we'll have any problem with that.

So other than the paperwork for MTRSC claims, anything else I might need for permits?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Capt Nemo

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're not running dredges, just fluid bed gold traps for testing. On the helicopters, we're limited to 3400 lbs, and the A22 slingload bags are 2200. We're going in with 2 A22's and one long crate for all the PVC pipe, fence stakes, and tools that won't fit a 40x48" pallet size of the A22. At least we should be able to fly it all in on one tank of fuel.

elkie13

Apr 23, 2013
Alaska
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depends on the part of the state. On the Kenai Peninsula it’s dredging only may15-july15 and you do need a permit no matter dredge/higbanker size. Free and easy to get.
As long as you are just panning and not drawing water with a pump from the stream you should be ok.
Sounds like your pretty far out but don’t let them catch you digging in the bank. Of course you are going to, but don’t get caught.
As long as this is state land I think your ok, if it’s federal or worse National Forest or wildlife refuge it’s a whole different story.
The road part is damn near impossible. Think dirigibles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread