Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Permits for AK?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Permits for AK?

I have been looking for the permits required for my Alaska trip. I looked into the permit for the Department of Revenue and found that I don't need a permit for exploration, which is our primary mission ( locate and post claims). The APMA doesn't seem to apply yet. We would be panning and running gold traps to determine extent and value of the deposit. I do have to find ground worth building 30 miles of road required for mine development. We would be about 3 miles upstream of the furthest known extent of salmon in the stream, so I don't think we'll have any problem with that.

So other than the paperwork for MTRSC claims, anything else I might need for permits?

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10201 times
    Prospecting
    Are you heading up this summer? I am!
    arthos likes this.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt
    191 times
    Prospecting
    i go crazy when i drive that far , i start thinking about how much gold i drove over just to hopefully go find some , i crossed tons to find ounces , lol , will you be working by hand only , how much prospecting are you planning to do , or are you mostly going to file claims .

since your from wisco like me , a friendly reminder , take your cheese with you , they do not have good cheese , lol
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    I may put it off a year, just to make sure I'm totally prepared for a month away from everything. Easy to forget something critical to survival.

We're going up to first locate, sample and test the area, and hopefully post claims. Pretty much all will be done by hand. We'll have pans, Flow Pans, Grizzly Explorers, possibly a model 4 fluid bed or modded Bucket Buddy bed, and a miller table. My big worry is finding that the deposit is just a pocket of stupidly rich material that one could mine in a week, and everything else has little to nothing. 5 oz per hour panning sounds almost too good to be true. Either it was too remote for prospectors to penetrate, or there wasn't enough gold to make it pay. We're going to roll the dice and see what happens. Worst case is a bust, expecting a break even for the trip, and best case we go home with a mine.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt
    191 times
    Prospecting
    sounds like a good time , 5oz per hour sounds unreal , but good luck anyways , but for that kinda gold you don't go visit , you move , lol

Feb 2017
    Juneau AK
    124 times
    As long as your using hand tools for "recreational" prospecting, I don't think any permits are required. The AK mining and diving website has a lot of good info you might find useful.
    dredgernaut likes this.

Feb 2017
    Juneau AK
    124 times
    Dredging and pumps are another story
    dredgernaut likes this.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    The only pumps we'd be using would be for recirculation on the fluid bed, and miller table. The recirc bed will be for those areas away from the main creek where you can't pan easily. There's a lot of meltwater streams for water, but not deep enough to do much in.

us
    j

Dec 2012
    wisconsin
    whites mxt
    191 times
    Prospecting
    hey captain , i would like to go , i can be ready to go with 20 min lead time , lol , but seriously

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10925 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    5oz per pan...where did that info come from
    Clay Diggins and dredgernaut like this.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    That info came from a friend's brother that panned it up there. He spent 3 hours panning and went home with 15 oz. He's a fool for not going back and claiming that! But no new claims have appeared since that report. So, we're going to go check it out and stake it if true. That's kind of why I think it's a rich pocket not representative of the rest of the ground. I had looked at this area as a spot of good potential, and then I got this report from almost the same spot. I think what's keeping people out is the mountain. If you built a road over it, it's 30 mi to civilization, but hiking the stream, 150 mi. Hopefully, there's enough there to warrant building the road.

us
    Feb 2010
    Kenai, Alaska
    Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
    305 times
    30 miles of road over a mountain up here is millions of dollars & a permitting nightmare but if there really was ground that rich I guess it would be worth it. I do find it hard to believe his report (and the fact that he went to all the trouble of prospecting this once in a million life times ground & didn't stake it) but if you know him to be a man of integrity... If it's not there you had an expensive adventure right :-)
    How are you getting in?

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10925 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    I don't care who it is even If i'm related if the 15 oz weren't put right in front of me I would never believe a "report" like that.

It also doesn't makes sense that there would be one pocket that rich in an area that didn't have at least a good amount of activity.

More than a "pocket" if you pan 15 oz in three hours.

I have heard of several large fine gold concentrations on some of the rivers here but, they were discovered and recovered while dredging.

I hope it goes well for you.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

Jun 2017
    118 times
    Why a road? if the ground is that rich. cough cough cough, flying everything in would be the way to go. You sure your buddy was not dabbling in the dope and mistook 3 hours for 3 days? 5 oz and hour with a pan is pretty much too damn good to be true.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1250 times
    We're flying in by helicopter to start, as there's not enough space for fixed wing landing. But you're not going to airlift a dozer, excavator or drilling equipment up there. You'd need a road in there for a mine.

From the photo I saw, nothing in that pan was smaller than #20, and the largest was 3/8". It makes me wonder how far upstream the gold goes. I think we're pretty close to a lode just from the size. As for trustworthiness, I wouldn't expect many lies within a family. You'd call all the family in on something like this, and the whole family gets rich, or at least those that want to work for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links