Modifying my folding hybrid sluice...Dream Mat

Cave_Dweller

Jun 27, 2016
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Lots of DIY abominations
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all, it's been a long time since I've been on here. I live in the UK and we're not allowed to use powered equipment here (not even a gravity dredge) to recover our gold, so the more efficient we can make our river sluices the better, this is where I thought Id do something a bit different.

I've always wanted Dream Mat, but with living in the UK, one job and my own family to support I've never been able to afford it because of the import tax ordering from America. A friend of mine over here has just recently got a licencing agreement with the designer of dream mats and is now setting up so start making and selling it so it's easier for us to get. This is one of his test mats to refine the design and rubber mix.

This started off as a Royal Manufacturing folding hybrid sluice which until recently was bigger than technically allowed over here (shush:laughing7:). When I got the opportunity to grab some Dream Matting I jumped to it. It's taken quite a bit of work, but it's going to be worth it. So far I've had to relocate and reduce the size of the V matting and also build it up a bit higher using a bit of chopping board out the kitchen because the dream mat is so thick, don't tell my wife... I still have to stick down the bottom half of the mat and remove the metal strips on the bottom that were originally there to hold in the Keene matting, but once that's done it's pretty much finished. It's proven a fiddly job so far, but hopefully it's going to be worth the effort.

Apologies for the potato pictures, it was late.

25870669597_5d38e71e22_o.jpg

39846701135_8c97d5071e_o.jpg

39846701285_6eb8734e2b_o.jpg

and before, as it came from the factory...
25870669537_2ef852bb3b_o.jpg

Upvote 0

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps a piece of expanded steel over the ribbed, I believe you will do fine, best of luck to you!

OP
OP
C

Cave_Dweller

Jun 27, 2016
Scotland
Detector(s) used
Lots of DIY abominations
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perhaps a piece of expanded steel over the ribbed, I believe you will do fine, best of luck to you!

Cheers both. The ribbed mat is there for more of a quick examination rather than to catch gold. Over here it's pretty much fines everywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread