The Very REAL Secret of GOLD EXTRACTION using MAGNETISM

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swiffing the gold out the box before can get caught in the wiffle?

what about Black sands? water is more diamagnetic than gold, natural gold is not pure, look at stainless steel, additives change the property's
I think using a magnetic brake effect could be used but used in conjunction with removing other stuff first.
Eddy Current Separator https://youtu.be/oVGM6uLOY5o?t=235

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool an expert. :icon_thumright:

I learned so much about magnets and sluicing. I didn't know that sluices had wiffles or that strong magnets hurt your face.

I guess this expert is helping those silly big gold mining companies overcome their 140 year history of failure to create any useful magnetic separation of gold. I can't wait until he makes another video explaining how to keep all those pesky magnetic minerals off his magnets so the very weak diamagnetic and paramagnetic forces can have a go at the "baby powder" gold.

I do find it interesting he is using the old steel piece glued to a gold coin video as supporting proof of the concept. I'm guessing once you cross the line from physics to wish land certain facts need to be overlooked to ensure success.

Anybody want to fly this guy to Canada or Alaska and feed him until he gets this working? Sounds like a fun party for bored gold miners ...right? :occasion14:

Heavy Pans

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
I have been experimenting with gold, black sand, and magnets for many years. Magnetic black sand particles will be attracted to one another and pinch particles of gold between them. This is why you can pick up magnetic black sand with a magnet, drop it in a pan, and find gold in it. This is true whether the black sand is wet or bone dry. When panning, you will often see gold particles sitting on top of black sand even though the gold is heavier. This is because the weight of the gold is not enough to overcome to force of the black sand particles being held together by magnetic attraction. The Cleangold(tm) sluice and other similar devices utilize an external magnetic force applied to the magnetic black sand particles to create a ”carpet” of black sand to catch the gold. Rarely, particles of gold will be cemented in magnetic black sand and picked up with a magnet. The gold can usually be separated from the clumps of black sand by roasting, tumbling, or use of a stamp mill. Pure or high fineness gold by itself is not magnetic, at least for practical purposes, unless a part of the alloying constituents are magnetic.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What if the increase in the very fine gold gain does not offset the cost of the magnets and the time making the setup?

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50 minutes of videos? ain't nobody got time for dat

editing

ClaimStake

Jul 27, 2015
Oroville CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2 (sold it)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ken really is the expert on magnetism.

diamagnetism-repels
paramagnetic-attracted but not magnetic
ferromagnetic-is/can be magnetic

Last edited:

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
This is always the question. Most commercial operators are quite happy to recover 85% or more gold from the paydirt, knowing that extra 15% is going to cost them way too much to recover. It is actually possible to recover gold from seawater but requires expensive chemicals, filtration, electricity for electrolysis and pumping, and neutralization of the chemicals before returning the water to the sea. The cost per ounce for recovery greatly exceeds the value of gold recovered.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions