Random question about classifying

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when I'm at the river, I see most people including myself classifying the material using a typical screen into a 5 gallon or 3 gallon bucket. Usually in a 4-5 hour day I myself can run about 15-20 buckets of dirt and maybe 25 after 8 hours( yeh I slow down a lot at the days end). In the documentary film LA miner as well as I have seen others using half a 50 gallon drum, then filling up a plastic milk carton and using that to classify down. Does anyone have thoughts or experience with that method compared to the buckets? Also most people where I'm at in nor cal including myself use a a-52 sluice or something similar. Any feedback would be great.
Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its not the 'volume' your classifying ,Its the quality of the material. Unless your doing hundreds of yds. per hr.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey guys to get the degree symbol hold down the alt key and use the number pad an type 248. this is the result, 6°. just a little heads up. highdesertranger

Classic ASCII stuff :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions