BLM LR2000 Down

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The BLM LR2000 has been non functional since yesterday evening. If you are looking for mining claim or land status reports you will get a page load with a message:
invalid session, try reloading

Reloading won't help you despite their suggestion.

The LR2000 is down for everyone, it's not just the Land Matters maps. Being this is the BLM's problem you can expect it to be fixed when it's fixed. There won't be any notices that it's back up just like there is never a notice they are taking it down.

I would suggest patience is your best friend here. If you aren't the type to wait you might try quantities of alcohol (or jelly beans for the younger readers) as a palliative until the service comes back up. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jelly beans AND beer sounds like the best plan.

Anyway, I never use their site anymore. Mylandmatters.org all the way!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jelly beans AND beer sounds like the best plan.

Anyway, I never use their site anymore. Mylandmatters.org all the way!!

well when you can't link to the serial registry to research it is a pain in the butt to research.( impossible)

So, unfortunately any research about mining claim info other than county info is unavailable while lr2000 is down.

Mylandmatters is not a workaround to the problem

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4:00 pm must be real bad I can get a blank SRP landing page
then put state and serial number of a claim and get it to come up.
LR2000.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's been a long few days since the "new" LR2000 update broke. We are in contact with the BLM. Stuff got broken in the recent BLM LR2000 webpage update. The BLM is aware of this problem and is working on a solution as I write this. When they solve it on their end the Land Matters mining claim serial register page links and the BLM LR2000 will work properly again.

At present there is only one way to get a full Mining Claim Serial Register Page. You have to do a search through the Number List page (A new feature). Here's the link:
https://reports.blm.gov/report/LR2000/45/
When their page loads just enter the claim number you would like to view and click the "APPLY" button. Wheels and stuff whirrs over at the LR2000 and some while later the Serial Register Page for that claim number will appear in the blank window below the "APPLY" button.

The real problem with that method is you have to know the claim number before you can search for it. :BangHead:

We have put together a "helper" on the Land Matters claim maps. When you click the link in the map information window that normally takes you to the BLM Serial Register Page for that claim you will see something added in the address bar at the top of your web browser. It will look like this:

https://reports.blm.gov/report/LR2000/45/?sn=ORMC169655

As you can see it has the serial number of the claim you are interested in right after the normal web address. I highlighted that serial number in the example above but in your web browser it won't be bold like the one above.

Copy that serial number and paste it just below in the box with "serial number" to the left side and click on the "APPLY" button. Here's what that looks like on the web page. NewLR2000fun.jpg
Your requested serial register page will appear just after the clicking and whirring stop.

The bonus of this method of passing you the serial number in the address bar is if all goes according to plan with the BLM that same extra part on the end of the web address soon will automatically load the actual Serial Register Page for that claim without you ever needing to copy or paste again.

I'll keep this thread updated as things change. Hopefully BLM can get this bug worked out soon. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The BLM is back up and working well now. Land Matters maps link directly to the Serial Register Page for each individual claim as they did before.

There have been a few stumbles this week but all in all the BLM has been very responsive and cooperative in getting this working again. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that lasted about 20 minutes... :BangHead:

The BLM LR2000 is down again.

Stay tuned for the the latest updates. :cat:

Heavy Pans

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well that lasted about 20 minutes... :BangHead:

The BLM LR2000 is down again.

Stay tuned for the the latest updates. :cat:

Heavy Pans

Haha!
I can just imagine the poor programmers getting yelled at right now!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha!
I can just imagine the poor programmers getting yelled at right now!

Well squint real hard and use that imagination...cause I have a feeling that they don't really care.

I actually think that if you work for the feds and make an improvements. That's when you get yelled at.

OP
OP
Clay Diggins

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK the BLM is back working correctly. It's been up a few hours now so I say that with some confidence.

What happened yesterday was the BLM got the LR2000 working right and 20 minutes later their server crashed and wiped out several days of work. They had to go back and recreate the changes they made. Rough day at the BLM. I feel for them. :BangHead:

The job is done now so you can get direct access to the LR2000 from Land Matters Maps. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well squint real hard and use that imagination...cause I have a feeling that they don't really care.

I actually think that if you work for the feds and make an improvements. That's when you get yelled at.

Such cynicism. SMH 🤦*♂️

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such cynicism. SMH 臘*♂️

Oh Kev. I've contracted for the Feds.

The other day I was scouting a camp sight and access to a trail. Ran into a F.S. brush clearing crew. Asked to double check where a trail head was. I was pretty sure I found it but figured I would ask someone "official" . Silly idea on my part. I have a paper map...he pulls out his phone, proceeds to give me wrong directions. I just let him feel helpful and was back on my way. If it wasn't for the bark beetle infestation half of theses yahoos out here would still be trimming herb for a living.

Technology and the Government seem to be akin to oil and water. They just can't get together without a lot of vigorous shaking.

Spent a bit of time at the state office...plus the current , previous and what will be ongoing lr2000000000 issues. They have the most cheerful optimistic attitude about their own doins' (sarcasm)

Try to ask them about program improvements you'll hear real cynicism.

Mine is not cynicism its paying attention.

I was just teasing everyone about the situation using your comment. Sorry if I offended.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It’s all good my friend :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread