Gold and Black Sand Mesh Size Info For Your Area........ Helpful To Everyone...

wpareig

Greenie
Aug 15, 2007
Pennsylvania
Hello Everyone,
I read a post about the mesh sizes of gold on Nome beach and seen that a few people DO keep track of that info (very usful information)....

I think it would be EXTREAMLY helpful, not only to those of us who are working to manufacture more efficient gold prospecting equipment for ourselves, but to any person prospecting ANY area to know what the mesh sizes, not only of the Gold, but also the black sands for that (the area you prospect) are.....

There are enough of us on here that we could improve EVERYONE's chances of finding gold when we go out.

Imagine going into an area and knowing that 85% of the gold was in the 40-60 mesh sizes, in the 100-200 mesh size or that 20% of your gold (by weight came from gold larger than 10 mesh.......

A person going to a new area would better know what type of equipment to use for the situations there, they would have a better idea of feed speeds, water flow or incline to use to capture more gold in that area.

There are so many ways the info would be useful to both prospectors and equipment builders that it would make everyone have more fun and find more gold in new areas they are trying.....

As for me, I will start tracking and posting this info when I go out for now on.

If any of you have this info for your area, please post it.... I think it would benefit us all.....

Something else that would help is knowing the type of equipment used. Since different equipment is designed to recover different size gold most efficiently posts from different people who have used different equipment in the same area would give us all a better idea of the most efficient means of recovery for an area and a better overall view of all gold sizes (minimum to maximum size and what size the majority of gold is).

Thank you,
Coyote.

Upvote 0

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005
Since we are just learning, we would definitely appreciate any info of that sort!

Thanks,
Cavers5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread