Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi there,

my name is Horst and I am a German prospector. My wife Kerstin and I will be visiting Vancouver Island in October 2018 for 2 weeks.
We do want to do some prospecting and are looking for some help finding some promising spots on the Island where we can legally do some panning and metal detecting. We do not want to jump anybody's claim and follow the rules so we are seeking some help from locals.
Some good advice on where to camp or where to stay at a scenic (affordable) lodge or cabin is also highly appreciated.
After 2 weeks we'll head towards Kelowna for some family visits. If there is some good spots on the way I'd be real happy to hear about.
We have made some very good experience with people here on T-net and have met some very nice people in person travelling. Thank's Joe and Rick and the nice people at Roaring Camp.
I hope we will get some support to make this BC trip a special one as well.

Lots of AU 2 U
Horst

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is an excellent Canadian based gold forum that will probably get you more responses. My sense, from reading many posts, is that most of the members are in B.C. and some have offered access to their claims in cases like you. Google GPEX or Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
many thanks for your replies. I have tried to register to GPEX or Canadian Gold Prospecting Forum but somehow it did not work out. I sure will visit Buchart botanical gardens. This is the kind of input which makes a trip more enjoyable. Lots of AU 2 U

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread