Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always loved "Flight of the Valkyries"..great video too! :occasion14:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your adventure with us! As you've just shown, it is amazing what information can be gathered with $1 to $2 K worth of funds as well as investing serious time learning how to fly the Drone to send it out as well as get it back. I can feel my body ache just thinking of hiking all of that country and still not finding all of what was shown in that one flight..................63bkpkr

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another great video.:thumbsup: Does the software record GPS positioning during the flights? If it does it sure would be helpful for ground searches to points of interest especially if there is a lot of dense ground cover to navigate.

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for sharing your adventure with us! As you've just shown, it is amazing what information can be gathered with $1 to $2 K worth of funds as well as investing serious time learning how to fly the Drone to send it out as well as get it back. I can feel my body ache just thinking of hiking all of that country and still not finding all of what was shown in that one flight..................63bkpkr

I got this one used, and with accessories/extra batteries I'm at about $800. It saves an amazing amount of time, cuts and scrapes, and joint pain. A little (or a lot) of time on the internet researching and using sites like MyLandMatters.org, knowing your area, and a lot of on site work will get you a gold mine. Heck, I've only been in the game now for 3 years and we've got 5 different properties including our patent which is proving to be the hottest patch of dirt we've got.

Goodyear Mine which has the Shade Adit
Queen & Jack of Spades property that has multiple adits/shafts
Wolverine Mine with a dang good dump on it
The Rock Quarry - our patent
Stanton Property which we really haven't explored at all.

We've completely dropped the Green Mountain Mine, just not enough there to work with, and too dang much arsenic.

Another great video.:thumbsup: Does the software record GPS positioning during the flights? If it does it sure would be helpful for ground searches to points of interest especially if there is a lot of dense ground cover to navigate.

Good luck.

It might record GPS; it does have a built-in flight recorder. For us though, we usually know where we're going with it. If we find something new, like the gopher hole and the trench, we can come back to Google Earth and use landmarks to lock down the location of the feature.

I did another recon of the 467 this past weekend as well, coming in from the north rather than the south mountaintop. Along the way I found this...

new mine.jpg

Went back on Google Earth since I knew the flight path, and got that location's GPS. Not sure if we'll ever look at it in person, that hike is uglier than Rosie O'Donnell rear end in a thong after Wednesday morning's Taco Tuesday revenge explosion.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, a drone is now a must have these days. I also agree in buying quality used gear and never anything you can't loose... ask me how I know this little nugget of info. I know some the newer stuff is sexy but the P4 or even the P3, which I fly is well worth it

ratled

OP
OP
S

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, a drone is now a must have these days. I also agree in buying quality used gear and never anything you can't loose... ask me how I know this little nugget of info. I know some the newer stuff is sexy but the P4 or even the P3, which I fly is well worth it

ratled

I fly the P4, plain version, and Kyle flies the P3. Like you said, the P4 Pro is sexy with more anti-collision features but we don't need that until we start flying inside mines for scouting.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool vid. thanks:)

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just logged in to start a thread asking if anyone was using drones. I just started getting into using one for fun and see how they would be perfect for prospecting or treasure hunting. I saw this thread and it answers that question!! :laughing7: I don't have the P4 yet but have a few P3 pro's. I bought some wrecks off of Ebay and fixed them up. A lot of fun!!

Cool videos! Thanks!!

Last edited:

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great video! Loved the production quality.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread