another pump question

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old yellow P-90

Luckily its a metal impeller

Its mounted to a ceased engine.

Anyone know what modern motor it would mount to.

I will start an internet search. Just figured someone might have an idea from experience. I'll have to get the pump off to see what shaft type I guess. it's old enough that I'm hoping its a threaded shaft.

I'll look on the old motor and see if it has a model number. It's old so it may not even be on there anymore.

Upvote 0

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what engine is it mounted to, straight to the motor or pedestal, may have a shaft extension.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/dredging-hi-banking/386630-old-keene-pump-parts.html#post3703771
Keene used Honda, Tecumseh, Tanaka engine's just from my researching in the past, the motors I've found that may work;
Tanaka closed in 2010 might be some old stock, the other ones that may work Huasheng 142F engine or honda gxh50
if you post a photo maybe Hoser John could identify the motor just by looking at it.

Last edited:

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually just look at the shaft configuration the pump adapts to. Then I have an adaptor shaft coupling machined to fit it to any motor that can match up the bolt pattern (three of the four bolts works). I pick up Honda 4 horse motors that are on power washers very cheap ($10.00 at garage sales). 3 of the four bolts match up after you remove the power washer water pump unit....using spacer sleeves (because you added the collar shaft). I put a P-90 to a 4 hp Honda power washer motor and left the wheel unit on the whole thing...and use it often for a 3 inch Proline high banker dredge combo.

Bejay

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i looked no name plate at all . i'll take pictures when I get home

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It should fit on just about any motor of the same size so long as the crank shaft is the same. I think the bolt pattern on the motors are standardized.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread