FINALLY !! MY FIRST REAL HIT

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SO, watching hours of Youtube videos and listening to tips from Tnet members I took a gamble and went to a spot I studied on a Geological map of my state. Everyday I eagerly awaited the mailman like Ralphy in A Christmas Story. THEN IT CAME I couldnt get the box opened fast enough..My first attempt to do exactly like the pro's behind my house didnt go so well but I trudged on. FINALLY TODAY I hurried to a spot that looked promising. Its not thousands of dollars BUT after FINALLY seeing what others show and talk about I can now say I am truly ill with gold fever.... Paydirt1.jpg :goldpan:

Upvote 0

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice picker. Don't leave us in suspense......what is the "it" that came in the mail?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like a great pan

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's what it's all about - Congrats! :occasion14:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My OWN first 2 plastic pans...LOL...

Oh Oh...next comes a sluice, then a highbanker, etc., etc., then hell from the old lady for junking up the garage.:laughing7: Welcome to our world.

SaltwaterServr

Mar 20, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
....then you start a mining company, drag some people into it with You, make a few strikes, then start working to quit your day job because you're sitting on 10's of millions of gold and silver ore...etc etc ad nauseum.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s2ndjetli,
So much of this life is about enjoying yourself while you are out there however, gold in the pan puts a little Zing into a day out. Congratulations on obtaining the first start of your poke!..................63bkpkr

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I this new excitement you've experienced. Good for you s2ndjetli, it can be better with family and or friends.

Mike

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Very sorry to see that much gold in your pan --- as now your hooked.
Actually I'm not sorry I'm jealous.
Nice gold !!!!!

OP
OP
s2ndjetli

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OH YEAHH, just bought a sluicer, stole the spaghetti strainer for classifying, the girlfriend thinks its a neat HOBBY, "lil does she know" LOL

OP
OP
s2ndjetli

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, thanks EVERYONE for the well wishes.. I dont think my State has alot to offer and I would LOVE to head out west someday but Im not gonna stop...Its hard to find places where you can get away with this.. rrrrr I mean have a claim.. Now to get a smelter..LOL...

blichney

May 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold! Really good for ohio standards.How much material did you pan to get that much? Im a few counties east from you, always thought summit looked good from the maps. Even driving on 76 near lodi you can see the glacial material on the roadcuts.

OP
OP
s2ndjetli

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MAYBE 2 ounces Blich.. I panned out about 5 yards full.. I went to a creek below my house and got the citys permission to pan it but endid up getting cuts from all the glass so I dont think ill be back.. I got some soil from the Columbus area but havent panned it yet, I think it has a better chance of producing than here by Akron.. Summit County is cut everywhere with what MAY have gold and may not based on the geo maps Im finding out.

Boarteats

Mar 25, 2018
Near Baltimore
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, thanks EVERYONE for the well wishes.. I dont think my State has alot to offer and I would LOVE to head out west someday but Im not gonna stop...Its hard to find places where you can get away with this.. rrrrr I mean have a claim.. Now to get a smelter..LOL...

Query our great, benevolent Google brain and overlord for prospecting clubs in your area. I found one in Maryland! If Maryland has one, certainly every other state does as well.

BTW, I LOVE MY SMELTER! Fire, fire, FiRe, FIRE! Lots of glorious heat and FIRE. As much as it pains me to suggest this, you might not need a smelter if you are collecting free gold. A hot torch and melting dish might be adequate depending on gold volume and purity. However, smelters are fun and this fact alone is enough to buy/make one IMHO.

Congrats! I'm new to prospecting as well and am having a blast.

OP
OP
s2ndjetli

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you Boar, I LOVE kingofrandom.. your idea will go into my collection as well.. I just need to get to that 1820 point >...LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread