jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bisbee daily review. (Bisbee, Ariz.), 26 Aug. 1905.

000aaa.jpg
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg
000ddd.jpg
000eee.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...mine&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=3

Upvote 0

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems Caleb's wife and crew, never have been able to find the mine following clues and maps. Maybe was not their lucky year or was not " written " to be find by them.
I post a GE image of the famous mine, just to see the interested people how it looks like. It's in the center of the picture and looks like an eagle's nest.
Is easy to find out if it's the sacred mine, by showing the picture to an Ute medicine man or Chief who are aware of, and asking if the picture shows what it's claimed to be. And if they will ask who provided the picture, tell them how is the one who was taught to find it.

Espiritu Santo mina.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
On the Discovery , Channel there there was a program called "the Blind Frog Ranch" and they researched that farms history and they found old documentation the a man named Rhodes had a claim on this ranch and they are searching for it ! And just I was getting real interested in it the show went off air ???? The same happened to another Discovery Channel show called (???) I forgot the name of it ,blame it on being a F.O.G. syndrome . But it was about a astronaut named Gordon --------? and during the Cuba Misille crisis and our gubermint was fling over Cuba taking VERY HIGH QUALITY CLOSE UPS , the astronaut in question documented ALL the anomalies that the HIGHLY SENSETIVE EQUIPMEMT he had and wrote down it's exact location for his research and he had a garage full of documentation and kept it quite for almost untill he passed. this documentation was passed to a father /son that had become real good friends of his for years . They got the master map and exact GPS locations of the anomalies ! The first couple of shows were getting his group set up to go giving it a lookie see and then they stated hitting good locations of old sunken wood sailing ships and in latter shows the started finding real interesting objects and gold / sliver coins and cannons and a anchors. then the show got interrupted for awhile because of another Country's claim / law suit's to the ship and contents. It came back on about a month latter . His maps showed hundreds of precise location's and this info / maps would be worth billions of dollar's and he even said he would NEVER be able to get to them in his life time so he hinted that some locations would be sold to help finance his research ! Then again the show was cut off and it never been back on! I guess they are CORRECT when they say, " If you find something, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!! I really miss that show even though I watched that show two times and would watch it again IF it were to come back on!!!:dontknow:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kinda hard to find gold in the barren metasediments of the Uinta. There have never been any gold deposits found there and only very minor deposits of copper, silver, lead and zinc.

Maybe that's why it's "lost"?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda hard to find gold in the barren metasediments of the Uinta. There have never been any gold deposits found there and only very minor deposits of copper, silver, lead and zinc.

Maybe that's why it's "lost"?

I believe one of Caleb maps shows some galena deposit close to the gold mine. There was found gold in places which geologists would not give a chance despite the ground composition. Where is a mountain, there ever could exist a chance to find a gold outcropping.
Ancients and Spaniards were panning the canyons for gold that would leads them to the gold residual placer/vein. The Spaniards after finding the vein , would make a map of the site and continued panning the canyons for their gold, but the other reason for panning was to erase any trace to the mother load for another researchers.
That's so difficult to find a lost mine nowadays, because there are not substantial trace of gold left which could leads someone to the lost mine.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Discovery , Channel there there was a program called "the Blind Frog Ranch" and they researched that farms history and they found old documentation the a man named Rhodes had a claim on this ranch and they are searching for it ! And just I was getting real interested in it the show went off air ???? The same happened to another Discovery Channel show called (???) I forgot the name of it ,blame it on being a F.O.G. syndrome . But it was about a astronaut named Gordon --------? and during the Cuba Misille crisis and our gubermint was fling over Cuba taking VERY HIGH QUALITY CLOSE UPS , the astronaut in question documented ALL the anomalies that the HIGHLY SENSETIVE EQUIPMEMT he had and wrote down it's exact location for his research and he had a garage full of documentation and kept it quite for almost untill he passed. this documentation was passed to a father /son that had become real good friends of his for years . They got the master map and exact GPS locations of the anomalies ! The first couple of shows were getting his group set up to go giving it a lookie see and then they stated hitting good locations of old sunken wood sailing ships and in latter shows the started finding real interesting objects and gold / sliver coins and cannons and a anchors. then the show got interrupted for awhile because of another Country's claim / law suit's to the ship and contents. It came back on about a month latter . His maps showed hundreds of precise location's and this info / maps would be worth billions of dollar's and he even said he would NEVER be able to get to them in his life time so he hinted that some locations would be sold to help finance his research ! Then again the show was cut off and it never been back on! I guess they are CORRECT when they say, " If you find something, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!! I really miss that show even though I watched that show two times and would watch it again IF it were to come back on!!!:dontknow:

There is a big difference between searching for a mine vs searching for a shipwreck. In the case of a shipwreck, even if is known where is located, someone needs expensive equipment, a boat and many permits in regards to start a research to claim a treasure trove. In the case of a lost mine, someone has to know only to decrypt Spanish maps, to have a car and to be able to hike some distance out the car.
As to if is better to keep the mouth shut, that's up to anyone to act as an own free decision. Nobody can point to anyone what to do and what to tell.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions