Thought you'd seen all the latest gold gadgets? Check this out.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a total waste of money and time to me. Basically a mini shaker plant, but in every weekend use, probably won't last long. Classify into a bucket, pan it out.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Man I just want to know where that ground is; part of one bucket and three shovels on that crap and it recovered that much gold. It was even cleaner than Hoffman gold.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If Rube Goldberg was a miner...

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like mine better.
Larger capacity, no classifying, less water needed, works dry as well as wet, and 12v DC...no noise. Not to mention, it's half as much money.
These are the first pics of the, hopefully, commercial model. The Sweep Jig, wet or dry, automatic panning machine. All-up weight under 19lbs. US patent pending. See it in action at the LDMA/GPAA outing near Baker, OR over Memorial Day weekend.
Jim

Attachments

• P5130001.JPG
    P5130001.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 64
  • P5130002.JPG
    P5130002.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 74
  • P5130003.JPG
    P5130003.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim in Idaho, is your collection cup center bottom of the bucket?

I once found a concentrator just like that at the bottom of a stream. Not real sure but I think God made it. It looked like just a swirling hole with light sand in a flood eddy. Dug it down a bit and center bottom was loaded with black sand and a bit of flood dust gold.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim in Idaho, is your collection cup center bottom of the bucket?

I once found a concentrator just like that at the bottom of a stream. Not real sure but I think God made it. It looked like just a swirling hole with light sand in a flood eddy. Dug it down a bit and center bottom was loaded with black sand and a bit of flood dust gold.

Nice, take the gold and leave there to keep working for you.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope.....gold ends up at the center of the flexible diaphragm....only an inch below the rim +/-. Nothing below the diaphragm but mechanism. You can empty it by removing the diaphragm, or just tipping the whole unit.
I've been thinking of a leave-it-in-there unit, but have been too busy to work on it.
Jim

OP
OP
S

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Nice Jim and half the cost. Hey remember that guy that made the Gold Lab that was basically a calibrated blue bowl and the amount of money he wanted for it? Good to see honest products that don't mine the miner! Keep up the good work Jim!

Randy

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha!

Jim is a capitalist, he's in it to recover capital and profit. But its a mutually beneficial arrangement. Jim gets his profit and the customer gets a new toy. Both parties are happy.

Remember, if you want to sell gold gadgets you don't need a product that catches gold, you need a product that catches gold miners. The fact that the miner can catch gold with your product is merely a bonus. And, if that product happens to be the best thing going since sliced bread hit the market it will sell itself.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no desire to sell a unit that doesn't work. I've been fighting tooth and nail, for weeks, to try to figure out inexpensive ways of building this rig. The initial idea won't benefit anybody if I can't produce it at a cost that the typical miner can afford. But, as Duckshot said, I have to make a decent profit, and get paid for my labor hours. That profit keeps the doors open, and the shop tooled-up so I can try other ideas. I was hoping to sell these for $450 + shipping, but I can't do that, and include the feed funnel assembly. Too much labor in building that feed setup. I'm still trying to figure out a low-cost way to provide that, but it doesn't look possible at this point. Probably going to be $550 + shipping as shown in pics. For the guys that want to do their own ideas for getting water sprayed into the center, which is what the funnel basically does, I'm going to sell the unit without that setup for $450.
I don't really want to go into production on these. I'd rather find somebody that wants to enter into a royalty arrangement to build and sell them. But, I'm going to make them this season.....don't have much choice, assuming there is some demand. That demand remains to be seen...LOL
Jim

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like mine better.
Larger capacity, no classifying, less water needed, works dry as well as wet, and 12v DC...no noise. Not to mention, it's half as much money.
These are the first pics of the, hopefully, commercial model. The Sweep Jig, wet or dry, automatic panning machine. All-up weight under 19lbs. US patent pending. See it in action at the LDMA/GPAA outing near Baker, OR over Memorial Day weekend.
Jim

Thought I would add the following link to a thread which shows Jim in Idaho's concept and evolving design for his pictured invention. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/570935-video-link-my-new-device.html. I am a firm believer of the concept.

Have fun at the outing and don't forget to post some videos of it.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no desire to sell a unit that doesn't work. I've been fighting tooth and nail, for weeks, to try to figure out inexpensive ways of building this rig. The initial idea won't benefit anybody if I can't produce it at a cost that the typical miner can't afford. But, as Duckshot said, I have to make a decent profit, and get paid for my labor hours. That profit keeps the doors open, and the shop tooled-up so I can try other ideas. I was hoping to sell these for $450 + shipping, but I can't do that, and include the feed funnel assembly. Too much labor in building that feed setup. I'm still trying to figure out a low-cost way to provide that, but it doesn't look possible at this point. Probably going to be $550 + shipping as shown in pics. For the guys that want to do their own ideas for getting water sprayed into the center, which is what the funnel basically does, I'm going to sell the unit without that setup for $450.
I don't really want to go into production on these. I'd rather find somebody that wants to enter into a royalty arrangement to build and sell them. But, I'm going to make them this season.....don't have much choice, assuming there is some demand. That demand remains to be seen...LOL
Jim

Have you thought about a collapsible square or triangular structure that "over spans" the barrel to hold the funnel? Attach removable legs (they rest on the ground outside the barrel), center the funnel at a suitable height and the user is good to go. It seems much simpler, easier and less expensive to construct especially if the structure is mostly slip fitted/removable pvc pipe/couplers. Strategically drilled holes with pins inserted or a couple of bungees would hold it all together and keep it sturdy enough. The centering, more or less, of the funnel by the user is probably the most critical thing.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya know, AU, I'd thought of an external structure, but hadn't though of making one from PVC. That's the best suggestion I've seen yet. Going to look into that. Part of the reason I wanted to attach the funnel to the body is for easy, and compact portability. But, the PVC idea would still be fairly portable. If I could come up with a decent design, I could include the plans for it, and buyers could make their own...saving me time, and the buyers, money. I really appreciate the idea.
The only benefit of the funnel is to expose the added material to the input water, to wash the gravel. A pump or water source is needed to supply the water when using the funnel setup. The other way to do it is to feed the material with a scoop of some sort, and alternate scoops of water, with scoops of gravel. Getting the water and new material precisely in the center isn't required. Eyeballing the center will work fine.
Jim

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is what I meant by "more or less" centering and I was going to mention plans but thought that would be obvious to you if you liked the idea....and it was and you did.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One of the big headaches of the feed funnel setup is shipping. In it's completed state, it's an awkward size. Can't fit it in the box with the rest. So, it has to be made to take apart. That means it has to have threaded holes, with setscrews, and drilling and threading eat up a lot of time, not to mention the welding required, etc. Also, the ring that holds the funnel has to be rolled into a circle, and that takes time, too. The whole funnel setup is a time-eater, and I haven't been able to come up with a design that eliminates the problem. But, some people, that aren't capable of making their own, or don't want to bother, are going to want the funnel setup. That's why I thought of offering the unit with, or without the funnel. The people that want it are just going to have to pay for the extra effort required. That setup actually adds about 20% to the cost. I can reduce that by only mounting the funnel at one side of the body, rather than both sides, but that reduces the rigidity of the funnel support. Always tradeoffs.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions