Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Hypothetical ??? - If one had a large amount fo gold, Storage Where How, thoughts?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2013
    N. California
    Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
    4589 times
    Prospecting
    I am more concerned on how I will spend all of my lottery winnings than where I will hide my tons of gold.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2010
    The Great Southwest
    9188 times
    Prospecting
    Keep it in your sock drawer. That's what I do. Nobody ever looks for gold there.

Heavy silliness discussing gold stashes on a public internet forum.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1728 times
    [QUOTE=Clay Diggins;5814872]Keep it in your sock drawer. That's what I do. Nobody ever looks for gold there.

Heavy silliness discussing gold stashes on a public internet forum.[/QUO

If you think about it. just talkin about this stuff is a bad idea.
    Think i quit talkin. this just gave me a really bad vibe.
    Good thing i gots my trusty # 12 double barrell street howitzer at the ready always..
    Gt....

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19507 times
    Metal Detecting
    Here in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut), mob and other organized crime types invested a lot of their cash in gold coins. The preferred way to stash the coins was in sections of PVC pipe capped or duct taped at both ends. They usually buried these tubes in their tomato gardens, or below their bedroom windows. The stashes that were found (that I know about), were usually about 24" deep, and contained anywhere from 25-100 gold Eagles, Krugerrand's, or Maple Leaf's.

Just never know!

us
    May 2014
    AZ
    Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and /home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
    2494 times
    Prospecting
    I see no reason to collect or keep large quantities of native gold other than some specimens. For them I would have them fully documented, appraised for collectors value, insured, then loan them to museums/institutions for public display so that all can enjoy them. I would probably keep some gold at home, in a safe, with a few of lesser value on display.

Just wishful thinking on my part. Like Clay, right now what gold I have is in a sock drawer.
    Last edited by arizau; May 17, 2018 at 01:50 PM.
    If it can't be grown, it must be mined!

us
    Oct 2015
    Northern Nevada
    MineLab GPZ 7000 Garrett ATX Pro
    384 times
    Prospecting
    Safety deposit boxes are unavailable in a financial crash if the bank is closed.

Just the time when you need the gold...

us
    Mike

Dec 2014
    Bodfish and Marin county CA
    Garrett , Whites keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
    794 times
    Drywashing , Sluicing , Panning
    I keep mine in the ground, if I need to see some I bring a pick and shovel a pan - sluice or drywasher. Mother earth keep's it hidden and stored for me.
    Stay thirsty my friends

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10054 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by HMiller View Post
    Same place I keep all my large amounts of gold, buried in random spots in the back yard in coffee cans.
    Did you hear about my free rototilling service?

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    9415 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Boobytrapped, that's where I'd keep mine. You will literally die trying to find it.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    Here in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut), mob and other organized crime types invested a lot of their cash in gold coins. The preferred way to stash the coins was in sections of PVC pipe capped or duct taped at both ends. They usually buried these tubes in their tomato gardens, or below their bedroom windows. The stashes that were found (that I know about), were usually about 24" deep, and contained anywhere from 25-100 gold Eagles, Krugerrand's, or Maple Leaf's.

Just never know!
    I be happy with one gold coin. even if run over by a rottotiller.
    Remember couple years back the folks found the cans full of coins north calif. What ever became of that. they gets to keep.
    I think it was talk of being a hold up loot stash?

You find any gangster gold terry?
    Gt...

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    19507 times
    Metal Detecting
    gold tramp likes this.

us
    Aug 2004
    Olympia WA
    Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
    1692 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay Diggins View Post
    Keep it in your sock drawer. That's what I do. Nobody ever looks for gold there.

Heavy silliness discussing gold stashes on a public internet forum.
    Especially when the original poster hasn't been back once to this thread. He's probably far to busy googling the addresses of those who use the sock drawer or back yard method of safe keeping.
    russau likes this.

us
    Gold Tramp

Dec 2012
    1728 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaro View Post
    Especially when the original poster hasn't been back once to this thread. He's probably far to busy googling the addresses of those who use the sock drawer or back yard method of safe keeping.
    No i think he lives way in the hills off the grid i dont think he even gets computer service there.
    Might be thinkin of somebody else ?
    Guess the heats already gettin me.
    Gt....
    Last edited by gold tramp; May 17, 2018 at 09:07 PM.

us
    Dec 2010
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    you realize you can detect a coffee can full of gold... through a plastic coffee can?
    yes I was being sarcastic, I found it very amusing, and I am glad you caught it! I thought it went well with killing all the contractors
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10603 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by hucklburry View Post
    yes I was being sarcastic, I found it very amusing, and I am glad you caught it! I thought it went well with killing all the contractors
    You just never know on these threads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links