Hypothetical ??? - If one had a large amount fo gold, Storage Where How, thoughts?

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep mine in the ground, if I need to see some I bring a pick and shovel a pan - sluice or drywasher. Mother earth keep's it hidden and stored for me.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same place I keep all my large amounts of gold, buried in random spots in the back yard in coffee cans.

Did you hear about my free rototilling service? ;)

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in the Tri-State area (New York, New Jersey, Connecticut), mob and other organized crime types invested a lot of their cash in gold coins. The preferred way to stash the coins was in sections of PVC pipe capped or duct taped at both ends. They usually buried these tubes in their tomato gardens, or below their bedroom windows. The stashes that were found (that I know about), were usually about 24" deep, and contained anywhere from 25-100 gold Eagles, Krugerrand's, or Maple Leaf's.

Just never know! :icon_thumright:

I be happy with one gold coin. even if run over by a rottotiller.
Remember couple years back the folks found the cans full of coins north calif. What ever became of that. they gets to keep.
I think it was talk of being a hold up loot stash?

You find any gangster gold terry?
Gt...

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep it in your sock drawer. That's what I do. Nobody ever looks for gold there. :thumbsup:

Heavy silliness discussing gold stashes on a public internet forum.

Especially when the original poster hasn't been back once to this thread. He's probably far to busy googling the addresses of those who use the sock drawer or back yard method of safe keeping.

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Especially when the original poster hasn't been back once to this thread. He's probably far to busy googling the addresses of those who use the sock drawer or back yard method of safe keeping.

No i think he lives way in the hills off the grid i dont think he even gets computer service there.
Might be thinkin of somebody else ?
Guess the heats already gettin me.
Gt....

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I was being sarcastic, I found it very amusing, and I am glad you caught it! I thought it went well with killing all the contractors

You just never know on these threads

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just leave mine sitting on the kitchen table so I can keep looking at it. All 3/4 of a gram.:laughing7:

seafox

Dec 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we built a house on the down hill side of the street. when the footings were dug the oversize space was sutch that half the front porch was needing basement depth footing and half were very close to the disturbed area so we made the whole 28 foot by 6 foot wide foundation at basement level. the owner idgnored my sugestion that it would make a great fruit storage room threw trash in there and had them form up solid concrete walls all around then of course the top was the concrete covered steel deck. further the footings had drain tube outside and the walls all waterproofed of course. I have always wondered if he cut a door into that space with space at 100 dollersa a foot it would be a free 16000 dollers worth of space. not only great to store caned food but anything else needing a cool dry space.

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
Out here that seems pretty common now, the front porch pour leaves a room in the basement, and some are putting vault doors on them for making a gun room, etc....a buddy's room is maybe 8x12? Just guessing, but yes, stupid not to keep it a room for sure

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you do need some placer on hand to make change!

I store mine in the ballast compartment of my sub. "MR. LAND! CLOSE THAT DOOR!" The rest is stored on the island Vulcania.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a happy problem!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread