Gentelman start your engines!!!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope this comes to pass.:coffee2:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Keep us updated.
Where is the information about "Claiming stream / river beds"?
Thanks for posting.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree. Dont play with my emotions!!
Some of the "Court Cases" mentioned are playing on emotions at least in part.
Thanks for being willing to check it out.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they have been going to a lot of meetings since the new bill was tabled and alerted the legislature to the inaction after sb637.

Until its on paper I'll grit my teeth.

it was obvious the people at the swrcb were willing to work with us and were actually looking at real data. Then they pulled (voluntary move ..sure) the head of the program and I got pretty worried.

I am skeptical because of the wait so far. Per the bill they should have given us an answer already. So, if they have put in work and have a plan they should give us permitting by this summer.

But, next spring will work I guess.

It will be interesting to see how the other side scrambles because of this. it is absolutely not what Izzy and Allen were going for.

One thing is certain. If it wasn't for AMRA taking the lead on this and getting to the capitol and working with senators we wouldn't be hearing this news.

No other group was working on this in this way.

M.E.G.

Apr 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It comes as no surprise those touting they are there fighting to protect Your Rights e.g. 'We are protecting your right as public land users to preserve and maintain their rights as they pertain to the use of our public lands.' "...but under no circumstance will we ever compromise your rights.", are the ones working so hard to establish permits (some quite costly) converting your Right(s) to mere privilege.

Must be speaking to civil rights:
42 U.S. Code § 1981 - Equal rights under the law | US Law ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1981

...and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, penalties, taxes, licenses, and exactions of every kind, and to no other.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know they have been going to a lot of meetings since the new bill was tabled and alerted the legislature to the inaction after sb637.

Until its on paper I'll grit my teeth.

it was obvious the people at the swrcb were willing to work with us and were actually looking at real data. Then they pulled (voluntary move ..sure) the head of the program and I got pretty worried.

I am skeptical because of the wait so far. Per the bill they should have given us an answer already. So, if they have put in work and have a plan they should give us permitting by this summer.

But, next spring will work I guess.

It will be interesting to see how the other side scrambles because of this. it is absolutely not what Izzy and Allen were going for.

One thing is certain. If it wasn't for AMRA taking the lead on this and getting to the capitol and working with senators we wouldn't be hearing this news.

No other group was working on this in this way.

You were right to be skeptical.

It's been two years since AMRA declared victory.

Now for the rest of the story...

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Bejay

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Central Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Garret fully underwater
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe it is a go! But the permit is not cheap...….I can't recall the amount but it is going to deter anyone who is not getting really good gold values.

Bejay

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it is a go! But the permit is not cheap...….I can't recall the amount but it is going to deter anyone who is not getting really good gold values.

Bejay

Look closer..they will issue permits at a cost...and subject to tribe approval...and only in specific limited areas with no known historical gold mining.

On the maps below...the areas not shaded will be open subject to the permit conditions.

E0FA51F2-5401-4C6D-B631-C24AA1EEE018.jpeg

BA126448-2BC7-4319-8681-024106FEF7FF.jpeg

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It comes as no surprise those touting they are there fighting to protect Your Rights e.g. 'We are protecting your right as public land users to preserve and maintain their rights as they pertain to the use of our public lands.' "...but under no circumstance will we ever compromise your rights.", are the ones working so hard to establish permits (some quite costly) converting your Right(s) to mere privilege.

Must be speaking to civil rights:
42 U.S. Code § 1981 - Equal rights under the law | US Law ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1981

...and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, penalties, taxes, licenses, and exactions of every kind, and to no other.

I have to agree with you on this one. I know here in Arizona dredging, in the few places we can, is subject to the Army Corp of Engineers discretion. And they consider anything 4" or under inconsequential. Hardrock here is more profitable anyhow so......

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They really know how to make money by licensing what was "free" before... hence you are going to get Californicated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread