Live gold clean up

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea bro! Some say its a waste but i say fine gold recovery is interesting. It does not take much efforts to carry home a lb of black sand compared to a snuffer bottle worth. It adds up quick and with the right system its convienent and fun to proccess in your spare time. Last year i got almost a gram out of my sands. I expect more this year. You got to try a gold cube, it blows the blue bowl out of the water. That same pan of sand you had is about what i usually have from a decent trip. Feeding extremly slow its less then 5 minutes. Its such a dream to set, run and cleanup man. save those blue bowl tailings for me!

Coolant man?! lol. I bet it works too! But Jet dry is like 3 bucks at Safeway. Just sayin man!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea bro! Some say its a waste but i say fine gold recovery is interesting. It does not take much efforts to carry home a lb of black sand compared to a snuffer bottle worth. It adds up quick and with the right system its convienent and fun to proccess in your spare time. Last year i got almost a gram out of my sands. I expect more this year. You got to try a gold cube, it blows the blue bowl out of the water. That same pan of sand you had is about what i usually have from a decent trip. Feeding extremly slow its less then 5 minutes. Its such a dream to set, run and cleanup man. save those blue bowl tailings for me!

Coolant man?! lol. I bet it works too! But Jet dry is like 3 bucks at Safeway. Just sayin man!

Ha Ha yeah man I literally haven't used it in probably 3 or 4 years, I wanted to run it just for the fun of it mostly. I would love a gold cube and hopefully one day might get one! I always save my black sands also!

The coolant I have sitting around and its non toxic, I've used it before it works well.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all that stopped by! I hope to do more of these with better quality and more prior notice so if your interested please subscribe to my channel to be notified whenever I go live in the future!

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing a live cleanup of all of my minus 30 mesh gold so far this season. Also doing a FREE GOLD and SILVER GIVE AWAY! You must subscribe, like and comment YOUR GUESS OF GOLD WEIGHT from the final shot of the fine gold in the pan at the end of the video, once we meet 100 likes we will announce the winner , check the video for the giveaway prize details. Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing another Live clean up and recap of the last few trips out with Adam from California Gold Rush and Mytimetoshine. Come join in, grab a brew and talk gold while we clean some cons! live feed stats at 6:00, also check out my last stream if you haven't already for the free gold giveaway!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great vid brother. Some how i lost feed but i saw about an hour.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I kinda like my cleanup.... I hate blue bowls.
Actually a friend of mine... He had about 2 1/2 gallons of concentrates that he had pulled from the beach in a couple months.

Nice fine gold.

craig82

Jan 22, 2018
az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Was pretty cool. Enjoyed watching and thanks for answering my questions Asmbandit.

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no slick plate?
I kinda like my cleanup.... I hate blue bowls.
Actually a friend of mine... He had about 2 1/2 gallons of concentrates that he had pulled from the beach in a couple months.

Nice fine gold.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going live at 6:00 PM pacific time, talking prospecting finds, come hang out!

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
no slick plate?
Nope, no slick plate.... The gold cube really does not need one..... I thought what the heck , lets put this surface to work too....

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far so good this season, getting decent gold and looking forward to this next cleanup which should be a good one. I estimate this cleanup to be between 1-3 pennyweight. Come stop by and say hello! Going Live Wednesday the 13th at 6:00 PM pst.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I had to change the date due to un foreseen complications :BangHead:

Good news is the show is now tonight Wednesday the 13th at 6:00 PM pst, drop by if you can!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, no slick plate.... The gold cube really does not need one..... I thought what the heck , lets put this surface to work too....
Interesting ill have to try that. Could be useful if I decide to haul it out to the field to save weight. My first thought is it would allow more gold to escape the first tray since you wont have the G force seperator which i think is the main factor in the Gold Cube Design

I found a bench of sand that is probably 5g a yard but its a 2 mile hike with 1900 elevation change, i dont think i can get the cube there but maybe if i cut up a tray into 2 pieces or something...

Last edited:

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Video Jerry! Very cool how you did that backdrop. Like you were actually at the river. Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting ill have to try that. Could be useful if I decide to haul it out to the field to save weight. My first thought is it would allow more gold to escape the first tray since you wont have the G force seperator which i think is the main factor in the Gold Cube Design

I found a bench of sand that is probably 5g a yard but its a 2 mile hike with 1900 elevation change, i dont think i can get the cube there but maybe if i cut up a tray into 2 pieces or something...

I cut a tray in half put sides on it and power it with a 800 gpm pump. I found that the top tray, with the original vortex mat still in it catches most of the gold. Go figure.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Thursday At 6:00 PM PST, come and hang out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread