I have gold mineral which was found in between compost, what should I do?

Elena

May 31, 2018
Preston
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, a few years ago, I bought some compost, so used it in my garden. Then a years passed, and I began to re pot plants, and on closer inspection began to notice a golden shimmer.
I decided to put some into tester containers, and have it investigated.
I contacted several places, including the Birmingham jewellery quarter, and the London gold refinery, both of which confirmed that there is a content of gold. They advised me to place it all within containers and wait for it to separate itself over a few years.
The problem I have is who can I contact to fully separate the two, in order to get the content confirmed, and to melt it into sections?

Elena

Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fire should separate the compost from the gold.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
compost is made up of plant material, sometimes minerals such as expanded mica (Vermiculite) are added
if there was gold it would be as a fine coating on the surface of these other minerals
and might give a reading of gold but would only be micrometers thick and not have much value.
might contact a gold panner like from the Lake District to have go at separating any gold out.
if it has value (£ $ per ton) then you would have to find the specific site of where it came from.
search; Lake district Gold Panner

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread