WMA's viewpoint of the current dredging situation

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Hey Rick, Was this on the WMA Sight? I couldn't find it there. Can you PM me a direct link?

Thanks,

Mike

OP
OP
M

minerrick

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rick, Was this on the WMA Sight? I couldn't find it there. Can you PM me a direct link?

Thanks,

Mike

It was taken out of the newsletter.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new info on waterboard web page

the waterboard has updated their page, you are getting an NPDES have you seen the closed waters map from Oregon's NPDES

You have to challenge the phony science in the CEQA, there may be some dredging next year but with only a few spots open,
the taking cases are not moot ether, you cant let them win... they want your mining claims, stand up and fight...
under an NPDES, more streams will be closed than are listed in the 2012 F&G regulations, the way the laws are written
there is no way to open them without a new environmental assessment or TMDL and even those would take 5 to 8 years.

https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/npdes/suction_dredge_mining.shtml
Hot News! - NPDES Permit Development

The State Water Board staff is developing a Statewide General National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit to regulate discharges associated with suction dredge mining activities discharging to a water of the United States pursuant to its authority to implement the federal Clean Water Act and the state Porter Cologne Water Quality Control Act. The State Water Board staff anticipates releasing a draft permit for public comment by February 2019. The Board staff will consider all public comments that it receives on the draft permit and will make any necessary revisions in response to the public comment. After staff makes any necessary changes in response to public comment, the Board will consider adoption of a revised, draft permit at a public meeting. Interested parties will have the opportunity to directly testify before the Board regarding the draft permit. The State Water Board anticipates that the public meeting to consider adoption of the draft permit will take place in the Spring of 2019. Staff will notify all the interested parties that have registered under the Email subscription for Suction Dredge Mining when the draft NPDES Permit will be posted for review and comment.

if you don't want to just work your claim by hands & pan's
please support the WMA CEQA case
Western Mining Alliance

# DPRC - Democratic Peoples Republic of California

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread