New addition to the Sweep Jig family....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been thinking of a really small Sweep Jig to do an almost final cleanup of the concentrates...specifically dry. It's always nice to end up with dry material. So, this week I got busy and built a little Sweep Jig that has 4". 3", and 1 1/2" diameter diaphragms. of course 12v powered, and 45 RPM on the rotor assembly. Didn't bother with the diaphragm in the pics. This for dry cleanup only. Unless you have enough gold to displace the last of the black sand on the 1 1/2", you'll still end up with some bs in the final cons, so will need to pan. But, this will reduce the cons to pack out when out in the boondocks, and if you have lots of bs, with a lot of gold, you may end up with nothing but gold on the 1 1/2 incher. It will hold less than a teaspoon of material.
Jim
4 inch MJ.JPG 3 inch MJ.JPG 1.5 inch MJ2.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one sweet little bit of kit.... :thumbsup:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I see your thinking hat is in Good Condition!............63bkpkr

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many thanks, guys....LOL My thinking hat is already seeing the big mistake I made. I should have made a separate stand for the feed funnel. The way it is prevents me from installing a skirt to direct the tails to go over the top of the gizmo and into a tub of some sort. I could just make the diaphragms big enough to act as the skirt...visqueen's cheap. I was thinking of putting a thin skirt of ABS, maybe 1/8", on there. That would give the added benefit of being able to use it wet. The whole idea of the Sweep Jig is to make it all extremely versatile.....one machine, depending on model, that can do it all. I need to build the Mini to sit on a 5 gallon bucket, and the tails can go into the bucket. I think it's a good idea to save all the black sand.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions